Prime 2 headphones no sound

Cant hear headphones at all just bought it is there certain settings in the screen or on console i need to start mixing tried everything .

1 Like

Did You tried to switch channel cue ON?

There are a few things that control if and what sound & at what level you hear something through your headphones.

Apart from the obvious “did you plug it in the right place, the right way (completely!)” question, let’s go through them.

1. In order to pre-listen a track you need (as suggested by NoiseRiser) to hit the cue button above the channel fader for the track you want to listen to. That track has to be playing (clearly, otherwise there is nothing to listen to).
  2. At this point the unit should be sending some kind of output to the headphones.
  3. Next check if your level knob ( phones area) is up far enough. Some headphones can be pretty quiet.
  4. Above the level knob, there is a cue/master mix knob. This allows you to (as the name suggest) mix between the cue signal (i.e. whatever sound is played on the channel where you have the cue button on) and the master signal. The latter is whatever sound is being sent to your master output. Be aware here that if both channel faders are off (down position), there is no signal on the master output. So if you were to have both channels cue on and the mix position set to 100% master, you’d still get no sound out of your headphones.
  5. Below the level knob is the “split” button. Denon is one of the very few companies that has this option on it’s controllers (it is/was a common feature on DJ mixers). It allows you to have the CUE signal in one ear and the master signal in the other. When testing your headphones I’d leave this one off. The split cue option comes in very handy if you want to completely mix in your headphones.
  6. There is one final thing that can REALLY mess up your cue/headphone signal and that is the use of the filter. If the filter knob on the channel you are trying to pre-listen to is fully left or right, you will NOT HEAR A THING in your headphones, even with all the other settings being correct. I speak from experience that I came back to line up a track on a channel I had faded out with full filter on and I was totally lost why I didn’t hear the track playing in my headphones.

So, long story short, best way to test:

• properly plug in the headphones (try to avoid anything with a mic btw, as this adds an extra ring to the connector you don’t need nor want)
  • make sure split cue is off
  • have headphone level somewhere between 25%-50% up (don’t want to kill your ears when sound suddenly comes out)
  • have mix knob set 100% to cue
  • make sure filter knob is set to 12 o’clock position (i.e. off)
  • hit play on the deck you want to hear in your headphones
  • with that channels fader down, press the cue button til it lights You should now have sound from the playing track in your headphones (both sides, that is stereo L+R, not both decks LOL).

Hope that helps some. Keep us posted.

1 Like

Great writeup… Well done… I will just add one more thing as it was not mentioned… Currently, there is NO way to hear the MIC through the headphones. NO matter what you do… So If your looking to Monitor the MIC its not going to work. Its currently broken. Everyone has been waiting for this to get fixed since 2019. That’s the truth.

This doesn’t answer the OP’s question…

1 Like

Oh yea… Thats your opinion… It adds to it and is valuable information… Just imagine being that guy with headphones plugged in (no speakers connected) and not hearing any sound from your MIC no matter what you do. Now you know the reason why.

Making mess in other’s posts will not get Your request any way further. There is a Feature request area for this. Please stick to forum rules.

I agree. Closing this, as OP never even responded…

1 Like