Prime 2 Fader

Why does the level meter still show when the fader is down?

This is soo annoying, its so easy to stop the wrong deck during a mix.

It doesn’t cut the level with the filter on, which I don’t understand, as there is still no sound from the master out.

The channel level meters LEDs display the audio signal level of the channel. This is a pre fader level (it shows what is coming IN the channel, not what goes out). Everything post fader would become mixed audio (master mix). This is on the Master Level Meters.

I would try not to rely on meters, but on faders for stopping tracks.

1 Like

This is exactly how all pro dj mixers work, the meters are showing the level of the signal after the Gain and EQ, but before Fader.

4 Likes

After djing for several years with a pioneer controller, this is completely upside down to me.

On virtual DJ, the level gain can be adjusted in the software, to show level gain on the output side, as well as the gain, ( so both showing post fader ) this is particularly good when you are cueing up, and you have left the filter on, or a FX playing from a previous track.

This is probably why I’m really struggling with the way this is set up…

Trim, EQ, FX and Filter should affect the channel VU meter.

The only thing that doesn’t is the Channel Fader

I think …

1 Like

It would be very annoying to adjust Gains on the mixer when You pre-listen the track before mixing, and see no VU meter to indicate if the bass and kick is on the same level as the track that is playing. Sometimes Monitors on festival stage are overwhelming, causing to lose perception of what is louder. VU meter with the fader down gives you a perfect indication about what is happening, before You let it go to the audience.

3 Likes