Play/Cue/Performance pads response

I am using many loops and acapella tracks into my mixing and i am using very frequently stuttering and finger drumming on the player buttons.

Coming from CDJ NXS2 i find the sc6000 less responsive on very fast stuttering of play/cue and performance pads in comparison with my NXS2s.

Anyone noticed the same? Any clue on this? I am running 1.5.3fw

None at all on the 5000 but just realized your talking about the 6000s. Do you have quantization off?

You just reminded me of this masterpiece:

@Shain Does the quantize status (on/off) plays any role on this?

Yes, on all DJ software (CDJs included). Quantize helps you stay on the beat so if you have it set to 1 for example, and you hit it off beat, it will drop the cue on the next beat (if I am explaining this right). If you want to be able to hit the pads and hear the sound instantly, you need to have quantize off.

The purpose of quantize is to assist the DJ with their timing. In this case, you want to be in complete control of your timing so you need to turn it off. The lag you hear, is quantize doing its job thinking it is assisting you based on the quantize value in your settings.

That was what I was thinking too

1 Like

I am confident this is it. I must admit, I know how quantize works and I’ve been in his shoes before too. In the heat of the moment, I thought I had an issue but once I gathered my thoughts, I realized my Q was on and once I turned it off I was able to sound trigger happy again LOL

1 Like

I will test it tomorrow and let you know in the thread.

@Shain i have a question more. I see in the load track knob “instant doubles” on longpress. I assume this is for instant doubles to the second layer.

How do i load instant double to player 2 and mirror the track playing on player 1?

1 Like

Sounds good @AngelDee

I don’t use that feature at all but I believe you do it on the other deck. So if the track is playing on player 1 you go to player 2 and you hit the instant dbl. Your decks must be networked together which I assume you have them connected already.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.