Pitch Control not changing Pitch

@mufasa

Yes, this is the problem I have been reporting for a long time (and you know it). Consoles automatically change LEAD SYNC if you move the slave deck’s pitch fader (even if it is stopped).

There is no solution, for now, perhaps, I hope so in the future.

Oh seen. Well must be a specific issues for the All-In-Ones

Does your “sync” icon stay solid?

Thanks DjAj, Thats exactly what I ment. I have uploaded my video again, now not mirrored and with sound. At least the tracks are in sync… @MufasaI have to check why my Sync Icon is not solid. But I think that is not the point in this issue.

Shall I create a feature request for this?

a bug report with the video.

you are correct. i intentionally touched my platter to recreate that blinking sync icon…even though i’m not beat synced, my pitch did not affect the lead sync designation.

irrespective if its unrelated…your sync icon should stay solid except you touch the platter or pitch bend one of the synced decks.

Yes, I’ve seen the video and that’s exactly what I’ve reported in the past few months, but according to them it’s right, that is, it has to work this way. :thinking: :astonished:

It is completely different from what happens on the SC5000 and SC6000 players, and in fact in the @mufasa video you can see the right behavior that must occur when you move the pitch fader of the slave deck: nothing! No lead switching.

1 Like

…so I created a Bug Report

After reading DjAJs post I played around with my P4 and realized that the slave deck does not necessarily need to have ever played to hijack the sync lead!!! So in essence the pitch fader of a stopped deck which never played with channelfaders all down can hijack the tempo and sync lead from the currently playing deck?! Sorry Denon, but THIS is simply unacceptable!

2 Likes

Yes, it is. I also don’t know how to give myself a logical explanation for this fact, but it is so. Maybe there is a reason. However, if the SYNC in SC6000 players work differently it means that they know how well it should work. :wink:

1 Like

I Totally agree with what he is showing and I understand it somewhat…So the “freak out” loop was on the deck that wasn’t playing? I have been struggling with this issue on the denon for a while. It seemed on the pioneer DDJ-SX2 I have when I press the sync button I can adjust the pitch fader on either deck and it will change the tempo…(well when using serato)