Pitch Control not changing Pitch

Denon Prime Go tracks syncd but unable to change pitchcslightly just doesnt move until really extreme movement towards end of scale cant sinply move slightly. Anyone have any ideas as to cause ? Thanks

I’m guessing you used SYNC

When SYNC is used…you have to retrun the pitch slider to its absolute position ie where it should have been say you had used the tempo slider to beat match rather than sync Its something called a “soft takeover”

I think, we all have the same problem on PRIME 4, when using SYNC, the pitch fader stucks. It’s awful, when you have to improve the match by hand.

Even if you detach the SYNC, it will take rd. 20 seconds till the pitch fader react again and as @MUFASA reported on, you have to push the pitch fader to it’s extremum.

I think it’s worth to create a feature request.

Brgds

BeatMaster

No, this is not what mufasa said, please read his post again.

2 Likes

Some people just don’t understand about soft takeover, the first few times they encounter it.

You can instantly adjust the pitch, using the pitch control - once you reconnect the virtual pitch that the unit had to jump to internally, to perform the bpm sync, by moving the pitch slider to that location.

Eg: if the deck had to boost the pitch of a track to 8.2% to make the auto-sync work, even when you left the pitch slider on 0.0% (or anywhere) then you just move the pitch slider to 8.2% and there, it’s all connected and working again.

Ups, I only meant that is obstructive having no chance to improve the match even to wait and to move the pitch fader to the extremum. Imo the pitch fader should react for improvement immediately. I followed the headline “Pitch Control not changing Pitch” and I detected the problem on Prime 4 as well.

Sorry for any misunderstanding and inconvenience.

Brgds

BeatMaster

There is no wait , when used correctly and the basic understanding of soft takeover is known. Some of the larger primes even have small green arrows telling the user which way to move the slider to “connect”

A motorised pitch slider would be nice - so it could slide the slider around as auto sync is used

I understand what you want. I previously requested an option to make the tempo slider relative.

I will post a new request in the new section if no one has posted it already

I’m out of votes though. :cowboy_hat_face:

If you are on a device that does not tell you what direction to move the pitch to look at the screen

Assuming you pressed sync with the slider at 0, The track should tell you I’m at +7% so if your range is at +/- 8% you would move the tempo slider towards the + direction and once you hit 7% it will engage and you can now make further tempo adjustments

It’s the same for layers even without sync

It’s the same approach most controllers that can control other layers use as well.

Dear @Nitebeatz,

thanks for your explanation.

In the meantime, I think we are talking about different issues.

I never heard about “soft takeover”, the instrument I mean is the pitch fader (#32 in the manual), the green arrows are in bloom and nothing will happen, when you move the pitch fader, while SYNC is working. I just tested it again, and the fader is stucking for rd. 20 seconds after detaching SYNC.

Btw: I have the problem with PRIME 4, and beatmatching under assistance of an algorithm is a difficult challenge for the programmers.

Brgds

BeatMaster

Continuing the discussion from Pitch Control not changing Pitch:

Moin, moin Mufasa :grinning:

thanks for your explanations.

I will test it overnight, and I will keep you posted asap.

Have a nice day and brgds.

BeatMaster

1 Like

The other thing to be aware off

When Sync is engaged on both decks, You can only change the tempo of the LEAD SYNC deck as per my previous post

The Non Lead deck will not change no matter how much you move the tempo slider

Moin, moin Mufasa,

thanks for your advise and good to know that the leading deck is prevailing.

And furthermore thanks for the advise to look at VDJ’s manual, in DENON’s manual I searched for the term vainly.

Brgds

BeatMaster

Hi Mufasa, I am following up on your last post saying “…The Non Lead deck will not change no matter how much you move the tempo slider”

I had my first gig on Friday night and exactly this caused some embarrasing moments:

• Deck 1 is playing, Sync Lead, Channel-Fader up
  • Deck 2 is synced’ to deck 1; Tempo of Deck 2 is auto-adopted to Deck 1 (Deck1 still “Sync Lead”)
  • Deck 2 Green Light on Tempo Fader will show me the way to find the soft takeover point
  • I now move the tempo fader on deck 2…hitting the soft takeover spot
  • PROBLEM: Now Deck 2 AUTOMATICALLY becomes “sync lead” even if Channel-Fader on Deck2 is down

So the non-audible Deck 2 has “hijacked” the sync lead. Now imagine you have a range of +/-20% or even higher -which might be set automatically- in Deck2 and you slightly touch the Pitch fader…Audience will not be amused!

So my question: Is there any setting where I can setup according to your statement “The Non Lead deck will not change no matter how much you move the tempo slider”

What device are you on?

Sorry for not mentioning…I am on Prime 4, OS 2.02

As you can see, it works as i mentioned here. Not sure about the all-in-ones though

@DjAj @DJDark @PKtheDJ

Any ideas

Hey Mufasa, many thanks for this enlightening video and your effort…your setup is behaving as I would expect.

Here the same use case on my Prime 4.

Deck 1is sync lead and playing to the crowd. In the video you can hear both ( incl muted deck 2, freak out) because I activated cueing. You can clearly see that deck 2 is hijacking the sync lead when reaching the soft handover spot. And you can listen what happened to me on my gig the other night…

Before you touched deck 2 pitch fader, I can see the Sync Icon on screen is flashing.

I believe That should not be so.

Deck 1 - press play (pressing sync on it is optional), it’s the lead deck

Deck 2 - press sync and press play. If you don’t touch the platter or anything the Sync icon should stay solid. If it’s flashing that means it’s out of beat sync and that should only happen if you touch the platter

If you watch my video - you will see that my sync icon on the both decks stay solid all the time

First it’s strange that my video seems to be twisted around on an iPad. So Deck 1 is on the right side!? But anyways: At around 0:40 you can see that I press Sync on Deck 2 with solid blue sync Led. I do not touch any platters. You should also hear that the tracks are in sync. Then I turn the pitchfader down on deck 2… which will steal the Sync-lead from Deck 1. so a different behaviour compared to your setup.

Before getting into the pitch slider issue

The “SYNC” icon on screen is meant to stay solid green.

Why is yours not staying solid green?