Philips hue lighting Denon Mixer mandatory?

Thanks for that, I have deck 1 into Ethernet port 2 & deck 2 into port 3, both deck linked to same Wi-Fi as the bridge. Seem to be getting same issue as many others where once connected to the bridge can only use solid override colours not the pattern shows :weary:

So Iā€™ve managed to get them working but only on faders 2&3, even though all faders are selected in the preferences? This boggles my mindšŸ¤Ŗ

I managed to get autoloops working by using an ethernet router, laptop with Soundswitch, Xone96 and a pair of SC6000. However I realised this setup is not for me. The main reason I went for a good old decks based setup as opposed to controllers and such was to stay away from laptop screens at the party. Not to mention I donā€™t want to carry my expensive laptop with me just for some extra eye candy, not worth it.

So for the time being, Iā€™ll be just switching colours depending on the mood and playing around with strobe / blackouts while in the mix.

Seems we need the ability to receive MIDI data on the backside USB ports from third party mixers hehe.

Not sure if the platform is able to do that though. And totally sure Denon never will do it, since zero interest on their side.

So I will do the same you did for my nano leafs and some dmx lasers and lighting im gonna getā€¦

i asked SS if they could do some external mixer integration, it is not in their mind right now. Not even for own inMusic products like my MP2015. To bad, would love to see this standalone integration with the Rane. However the X1850 works fine and the overall SS concept is so good, i am not complaining, its more like getting a ā€œcherry on the topā€.

Yes, the X18xx is required.