Philips hue lighting Denon Mixer mandatory?

No, play with the players as You would, run only the soundswitch app on the laptop. Use usb from the mixer to run midi to soundswitch, use a network switch to connect laptop and players together. Should go like that.

• Get a 5 port unmanaged Ethernet switch

• Connect the SC players to the Switch

• Connect the laptop to the switch

• Connect the DJM to laptop via USB

• Start Soundswitch Desktop

• Head into the midi settings

• Map the faders and cross faders to the DJM only

Yeah. Seems like i could do this with other softwares if i need laptop all times? I hope Soundswitch comes up with it’s own combined DMX interface/netswitch so you could actually have all the benefits of having different brand mixer with Denon players.

I suppose they have to find a way to add midi mapping to the Engine Lighting on the players.

So if you plug the USB lead from a mixer like the DJM900NXS to one of the usb sockets on the 5/6000, one can map the faders and xfader

Which leads to another question - if a mixer like the 900NXS is not toggled to USB mode, is it still mappable via USB?

2 Likes

Djm900 can send midi messages in the same time as running the audio as usually.

2 Likes

So it’s doable then as usb midi is always active irrespective if one is in usb mode or line mode or phono mode

You have midi start/stop switch above the display. So mixer can stop sending midi if You want at any time.

I thought that midi stop and start was dedicated to midi clock and not general midi mapping.

Learn something new everyday

1 Like

Engine Lighting only works if your equipment is all Denon DJ Prime. If not, then you’ll need to connect via laptop with a midi-mapable Mixer along with either Serato or Virtual DJ. Check out the links below for the SoundSwitch website.

1 Like

For Denon SC5000 users who are not using the Denon DJ X1800 or X1850 mixer, you will also need to map a MIDI-capable mixer using the External MIDI mapping feature.

Sorry boutique mixer owners … Mastersound etc … enjoy your analogue warmth :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That’s my next toy.

A MasterSounds mixer is definitely the next thing on the purchase list.

1 Like

If using multiple players and an 1850 are you supposed to be connected on all 3 players or just connect to the bridge on 1 player?

1 Like

Boy I wish I would’ve found this thread earlier. I’ve been thinking I could use the lighting features with just the SC players. Bummer. I do get the fader response part but would be nice since the players are linked we could still get most of the functionality using another mixer in standalone.

And I’m speaking strictly for true SS with DMX lighting.

And lemme add the fact that X mixers are not available to buy anyway.

Just install the Hue app on your phone and let it listen to the master coming from your speakers? I think we suggested this in some thread before

Unnecessary bajer … I think Philips poured money so that you can buy their expensive toys :slight_smile:

I think you missed this part…

2 Likes

But I DO appreciate you guys trying to help! : )

Hi trying to get hue set up on sc6000s did you get an answer to this?

Thanks

You can just start engine lighting on 1 player. This player needs to be linked to the denon mixer and the remaining players.

Got it working for a moment, don’t know what I did stopped again :grimacing: very frustrating for a supposed plug & play set up