Philips Hue Lighting bridge is connected but lights aren't changing or responding

Haha without seeing your latest massage about deleting all areas but one I just did the exact same! I deleted all of them and then set up only a single one. Aaaaand now I can at least control the lights somewhat. Tapping the light in the position tab I get visual feedback by the light lighting up white. I can also use strobe and color override. However I can’t get any automated music sync going. Am I doing something wrong? How should I go about starting an auto sync lighting program?

1 Like

Which Mixer are you using?

An analog rotary one. So not related to this topic here.

Well that’s an interesting outcome. Matthew, can you explain a little bit about why that worked? Also does the entertainment area need to have any particular settings enabled or disabled for optimal use? Also, on the players, there is a setting for Engine Connection Mode. Can you explain a little bit about what that does? (In case it wasn’t obvious, that setting is only available after enabling the diagnostic tools)

It 100% related.

Ok so unfortunately this will not work with the tracks you are playing. The reason being is that you need an X1800 or X1850. Sorry this should have been explained clearer from our side.

The mixer is used to Tell Engine Lighting which tracks you are playing and uses the fader position to mix the lightshows.

We are not sure why right now, we will do more testing at our end. But having it nailed down means we should be able to fix it quickly.

No the Entertainment Zone can be setup however you like.

Engine Connect Mode is related to how the Engine Lighting Software connects to the Engine System. Please do not change these settings.

My Bridge Model is 3241312018. I have also tried creating a new Ent Area and one Hue RGB light and still no response. I don’t get the ‘connecting’ issue that the others have but my issue is on a Prime 4 and Prime Go (mostly testing on Prime 4 though).

Oh man, what a bummer. A “standalone” mode for the SC5000 player would be highly appreciated then. Basically just a few presets for different musical styles. Hit play and forget and maybe occasionally get into the menu while mixing to add some manual override lighting effects. To be honest that’s exactly how I understood the feature to work like from the get go. Because we also get the menu with “light show style” in the GUI Is standalone HUE lighting something we might see in the soon future?

Greetings!

1 Like

I agree that we have definitely made some significant breakthroughs, but I would really rather not delete all of my entertainment areas because I’ve got a lot of other software that also uses them so I don’t want to have to go back and reconfigure all of that. Do you foresee a solution where I don’t have to delete them all?

Of course. The Bug will be fixed asap.

Its not in the road map right now, it is technically possible and would require midi mapping the controls on the mixer to Engine Lighting.

As mentioned, its not likely to happen anytime soon.

Y’all wouldn’t happen to need another developer, would you? I’d kill for a dream job like that

Also, what should I watch while I wait for you guys to fix it? Is there a mailing list or something? I want to be right there when it gets fixed

I believe it’s a feature many people would appreciate though. I for sure would. I really don’t see HUE integration as a feature that would be used in any professional setting whatsoever but instead only for personal use when practicing at home or also for some home parties in HUE equipped homes and therefore I think a minimalist setup i.e. a SC Player alone would be just perfect for this kind of Hue integration.

Is there a way to file a feature request?

Thanks for shedding some light and quickly nailing down the problem!

Hey Deimos,

You can always apply! haha

You will here from us about the update.

Yeap we agree. We will discuss this internally

Can I ask what the technology stack is? I presume something lightweight like node but I really have no clue and if I’m gonna apply, I should probably know what I’m getting myself into lol

I cannot provide any further tech details as I’m just the product guy

Deleting all entertainment areas but one fixed it also on my side. Thanks for that!

Can this bug please be fixed, I’m using different entertainment areas, though.

All the best from Germany, too!

By the way, I really appreciate the work you guys do. Integration of Beatport Link is much better, especially the possibility to preview.

And also the Ableton Link integration makes me want to use the Go even more.

Nice thanks for the confirmation, we are working on it as we speak.