Old Mac. Engine 1.6.1 vs 2.0.1

Is it possible to analyze tracks with Engine Dj 1.6.1 on Mac 10.13 (High Sierra) and play them on prime 2 (Engine OS 2.0.1) normally? Any difference like the analysis speed?

Data base for 1.6 and 2.0 is completely different. If you will use export from 1.6, the prime 2 will convert it to 2.0

1 Like

What’s up @RicardoBarros,

You should be able to use Engine 2.0.1 (and higher) on your High Sierra Mac.

FYI: I’m using Engine DJ 2.0.2 on a Mid-2012 Macbook Pro with no issues.

1 Like

Please note official release notes requiring macOS version 10.14, 10.15 or 11 (source)

You can always install it, try it, roll back to 1.6.1 if it doesn’t work. Most likely it will work.

At any rate, it’s always a limit to support for older equipment. Technology keeps moving and you’ll have to update at some point.

As I have an old macbook, that will be my problem. Any problems prepare a sd card on the engine 1.6 and on the go is 2.0 ? If the go can convert it without problem it would be ok for me

But then You can’t sync back from the device to the computer

yes that is an issue, but I need no new laptop. Honestly I am not sure what the best workflow for me could be. I have a large itunes mediathek and I like to transfer it to a sd card, or maybe at least the playlists I need. If there are new music, there need to be just those playlists add to the sd card.

I installed version 2.0.2 on my old mac with High Sierra 10.13.6 and it worked fine when I exported the tracks to drive. Performance mode does not work. I installed it on Mac mini (Mojave 10.14.6) and it doesn’t work either.

There is no performance mode…

So what does Performance mean in the settings screen?

I have a question about the Prime 2 crossfader. Can I ask around here or should I create a thread?

Overall software performance. It’s just a tab with settings for Your software like audio interface selection to listen to the tracks, quantize, zoom, etc… These are just general settings.

I would suggest to create a topic in a proper place for that.

1 Like

I created one. Crossfader Prime 2 issue. If you can see, maybe you can help me. Thanks.