Numark's Mixstream Pro running on Engine OS

I have a Mixstream Pro on the way.

What I do find interesting and liked is that although both the Go and the Mixstream run 2.0 and seem to share certain things like the 4 pads and vu system, they have different options in the menu system.

Eg. The Mixstream Pro can show Vu per deck :+1: and adjust filter resonance but I don’t think I saw an option to disable the crossfader :thinking:. The Go only has the latter (at present).

I have not compared the manuals side by side (yet) but anything new should be fairly apparent.

If there are any questions about it then let me know, although give me a chance to try it over the weekend first.

1 Like

No there isn’t at the moment.

1 Like

One of the big questions moving forward is how much flexibility there is for manufacturers that use Engine OS to add their own functions into the system. There’s a lot that of exciting things to come if they’ve worked to make it super easy for 3rd parties (aka other inMusic brands) to 1. use Engine OS and 2. add their own settings/features. We see some of these settings already, but it often really comes down to how easy it is to do, technically.

I would guess that for the Mixstream adding settings for the effects will be top of the list, if it is indeed easy/possible for third parties to keep adding features via Engine OS.

Exciting times!

1 Like

Juno has it in stock for 17% off

Incase anyone wants to buy

That’s a good question. The good news is the companies are all under the same umbrella.

I would like to think a shift+fx button function could be added to change fx length, eg 1/2 or 1 beat delay, or 2/4/6/8 beat length phaser, wet/dry and feedback slider in the menus . The crossfader disable in the menus should be fairly easy to add (when appropriate)

I assume that even though only just released, any suggestions should be put into the EngineDJ forum? Numark.com has no forum, maybe this forum needs to be revised to incorporate any further hardware that uses Engine DJ?

1 Like

: The Prime 2 and GO both using the FX selector / FX info section here :

Prime 2

Prime Go

2 Likes

Well it arrived this morning and while I won’t have a chance to use it until tonight/tomorrow. On first impressions the build seems very good and buttons/knobs feel every bit as good as my Prime Go to click and twiddle, which I really wasn’t expecting. A lot of the talk on YouTube has been that it will be and feel cheap? I am not seeing it.

Like the Go, the different placement of filter/eq will only need a very short amount of time to get used to.

Really excited to use it, but have a floor to take up and lay first.

Also, let’s not overlook the fact that this product, with its Engine DJ inclusion didn’t have a 6 month wait between its first mention/video showing and it’s availability.

1 Like

Well I had my first play and I like it a lot.

The jog wheels are lovely. They feel significantly better than both the Hercules 300 and the Pioneer DDJ-400 that I previously had. A really nice weighted feel.

Shift and jog wheel nicely moved through the track so not concerned re lack of loop encoder.

Not that I use it, but ‘shift + cue’ takes you to the start of the track, something I know Phil Morse complained about on the Go. (Was this ever changed?)

Buttons and pots feel great, I find them less clicky than the Go which is a positive. Having Vu meters per deck is brilliant and honestly, the speakers for their size are more than loud enough for home mixing and for the limited time I used them I think they sound really good.

20000mah power bank outputting 12v looks to last for c.5hrs.

I really think Numark have created a great standalone with the Mixstream Pro.

7 Likes

Another point when comparing the Mixstream to the Go, the pitchfaders on the Go appear to have more granular/higher resolution adjustment. However, although the Mixtream has a slightly lower pitch resolution, at no point did I find this hindered my mixing. Having come from vinyl 25 years ago and spending time setting beat grids and cues, I don’t know why you wouldn’t utilise this function, even if just for tempo alignment? As an ex vinyl DJ, not having to spend half the song trying to align tempo, thus enabling more creativity is a no brainer. Even though it was a strength or my vinyl DJ years, manual tempo matching is way over rated in modern day DJing. (Only in my opinion :+1:)

1 Like

hi all back to the post, two weeks ago they thought it would be a good idea to overthrow a wodkalemon on my prime 4, which got burned and is now serviced! so I bought the numark, I have already done three evenings in two clubs! then despite they told me that it is a toy I have worked very well !! for me it is a fantastic bomb! the only flaw I found is the lack of the booth volume control! for the rest I repeat it and fantastic sounds the microphone channel and perfect! fantastic

3 Likes