No more XML export in Rekordbox 6, blocks Denon Prime users to access their Rekordbox collection

yes you can do that and it will work. If you chose NOT to import the tracks to the RB collection you can use the XML you export from RB with the tracks on that SSD. Remember the “CDJ USB import” of RB has a bug that sometimes requires 2 imports to get your cues in.

If you install Rekordbox 5.6.0 changes are that your entire RB collection (minus any modifications you made in RB 6) is still there. Unless you deleted the RB5 database and its backups, which is highly unlikely.

Your own solution to “put the SSD in a Prime Player and let it convert” will also work. After that EP will recognize the collection the player converted on it.

And if you PM me the details on when you purchased it, then I’m happy to get you the download link to the latest version (a lot has changed) but you still need that RB xml as a base of operation.

ANyone have any info on converting RB 6 over to Engine yet?

Once again you’re walking a thin line…

The better answer without advertising would be to export your rekordbox collection onto a USB drive and plug it into Prime hardware, which will then convert it to Engine format.

1 Like

Always. The blocking of export from rekordbox 6 and the appearance of the more advanced Rekordcloud had kept the thinly disguised spam fest at a very welcome silence for a good few weeks. It would be a welcome long term silence to be honest.

Your self judgement is appreciated.

Stop advertising and spamming your products, how much clearer do I need to be?

We as in the users of this forum, don’t care for your spam.

Those who want to use your tools will find them via other means, you already have platforms such as Reddit and YouTube setup for this, if you answer questions on this forum it would be better to answer them as pertaining to already available solutions. I’m not saying they are the best solutions available, but they are there.

Yes in this instance a USB drive is needed but so what? It is a solution to the problem.

2 Likes

If you took part in the forum generally, rather than just popping up in threads about databases, pushing your overpriced (IMO) software, then other members would be much more inclined to accept your presence.

Unfortunately though, you don’t. You’re just here to sell.

Your videos start with the statement “My mission is not to sell you as many apps as I can”. That’s clearly not the case.

2 Likes

I don’t get all the hate here. These tools break the barriers that are keeping new users away from a less than perfect Engine eco system.

Without these tools, there will be less new users for Denon DJ.

Without new users buying hardware, there will be less money in Denon DJ’s pockets.

With less money, there’s less resources to develop Engine OS further.

I greatly appreciate MixMasterG’s work, not only for my personal switch over from Rekordbox made easy, but also for the DJ community in general.

4 Likes

So if I were to try to sell you Oakley sunglasses you would be fine with that? Somehow I doubt it.

I take issue with the particular user selling his products in a forum he’s specifically been told not to do so.

Spam and advertising is spam and advertising, no ifs or buts.

Not sure what sunglasses have to do with Denon DJ’s success in the DJ market.

If you don’t need any help switching your DJ software / hardware of choice, good for you. I wasn’t gonna change to Engine if there was no software to convert playlist structure, beat grids and hot cues (which I have thousands in my library).

If you’re not in the market for his software, why even bother? Live and let live.

Spam is spam is spam, that’s my point. It doesn’t matter if its in the same market or not. Spam is spam. The user is advertising his software for his own profit, hence spam.

1 Like

What’s spam for you might be beneficial for others :slight_smile:

In which case the user already has other platforms for this, as I already mentioned…

At least try to keep up…

There was another thread recently where at least one user was having an issue (relocating files I think), and a guy popped up and provided some software that he had written, completely free of charge and without even a hint of advertising/spam.

Now that’s community spirit. That’s what we need more of. Not someone whose sole reason for being here (or anywhere) seems to be to sell his software.

4 Likes

Without his tools I personally wouldn’t be here and that is my truth.

He even Skyped with me a number of times to get me going with them.

Damn…I’ve been here for a hot minute.

So…you gave him money, then he helped you? Not really a surprise, is it?

1 Like

To be fair, in some cultures he would have just legged it with the money :joy:

@mufasa You’re not actually helping his case, more like proving our point, he’s here for the dolla bills, always had been.

What’s wrong with making money?

I’m happy to pay for what helps me to be more efficient.

Hmmm I don’t know how I feel about this statement. What cultures?

Liverpudlian… You can’t grow up around Liverpool without developing a warped sense of humour around the subject of nicking things. :upside_down_face:

Just to make sure i’ve followed you correctly, is this the SW you are complaining about? https://www.digitaldjtips.com/2020/02/dj-conversion-utility-4-0-gets-a-shiny-new-look/

I’d seen this DJ conversion utility before and thought this is exactly the sort of solution the market needs. Denon clearly aren’t going to solve our problems any time soon, so if someone has been entrepreneurial enough to develop this, then i think they deserve kudos. Shame it’s only on Mac.

1 Like