New Update | Engine PRIME v1.5

I didn’t notice it at first, but you’re right!! it does seem to have improved. You just made my day, thanks Mufasa!!

1 Like

I came here to say exactly this. Win10 user, updated from EP 1.3.4 to 1.5 and this occurrence of automatically going to the playlist when you add a track is infuriating. Much preferred it when you could be in your collection, drop a track to a playlist and the focus would remain on the collection.

1 Like

OK, so I found what works and what doesn’t work, and I used to do these two things interchangeably. Your steps work: 1.Click on Collection tab (wait till library checking completes) 2.Click playlist tab (2nd tab) 3.Main collection is still showing 4.Drag from collection to a playlist

My steps (that used to work) don’t work: 1.Click on Collection tab (wait till library checking completes) 2.Select a tack and hover the mouse cursor over the playlist tabs - playlists show on the screen 3. drop a track to your favourite playlist

I sometimes woudl do what you do, and sometimes would do it my way, but now my way doesn’t work. So thanks for pointing out that it works for you, because it allowed me to identify that I used to do it two different ways:)

Check out my reply to mufasa from a couple of minutes ago. I am on Mac OSX so it might be different to you. It was indeed infuriating. In my case I found that there is a way of getting this to work, slightly different to my usual way.

Why we need this feature as well

https://community.enginedj.com/t/sub-browser-tabs-for-easy-drag-drop/14004?u=mufasa

I get quite nervous with dragging and dropping. I can’t count the number of times I have accidentally dropped a folder in the wrong spot.

This is related to Engine Prime, but I couldn’t get my answer on as the thread is closed. This is regarding the key Analysis. Sorry if a mod thinks it is more relevant somewhere else, please move.

OK - I’ve done some research on this and MiK is the gold standard. Its is about 85% accurate from the reports that I’ve read, and Prime gets about 85% of those right (I analysed 100 tracks, from mixed genres and ages). Prime is much better with newer tracks than old tracks.

So all in all, statistically, Prime is 72% accurate in its key analysis.

I’m not following on this one- so how do you get crates in EP to automatically pick up on the new songs I’ve dropped into folders on my external drive? The ‘sync to engine’ option does not acknowledge that I’ve added new songs on my external harddrive.

Can I suggest a change to your workflow, or are you wedded to organising your folders on your external disk yourself? Whenever I get a new track, I simply drag it from finder or iTunes into the crate I want it to go into and let Prime organise where the file is stored. If I want to be certain I’m not duplicating files (on my external and my local disk) I drag it from the download folder (for example, say I’ve just bought it from Beatport), into the crate, once Prime finishes packing the crate I clean up the download folder. I then have crates. I rly organised by artists -> albums -> tracks.

Whenever I drag a song from iTunes (or anywhere else from my laptop) to Engine Prime, it roots the file location to my computer, therefore it won’t show up if I eject the drive and use it with the 5000’s.

I’m just not understanding how the new sync feature is encouraging me to organize my music. I created all the crates in EP to match the folders on my external drive…so after messing around with the new sync feature, it seems to offer no new type integration, or am I missing something? How can I get EP to recognize when I update the folders on my external drive (whether it’s moving a track between folders, removing tracks, or adding new tracks) then sync it to match the EP crates?

This how Sync Manager works

It is mainly for people who have their ENGINE PRIME music say in one drive (internal or external) then they export ALL or SELECTED crates to another drive (external, thumb-drive, SD-card, Prime4, Prime 2, SC6000). Sync Mananger allows this cohort to easily keep both their main collection and exported collection the same in terms of hot cues, loops etc.

Its not all gravy for this cohort either - if they download new tracks directly to their export drive (bypassing engine prime), they cant sync that track to the main collection as ENGINE PRIME on their computer will have no reference of that track

If you are someone like me that uses the same drive interchangeably between ENGINE PRIME and any Denon DJ Prime gear (ie you do not export) then sync manager is not for you.

Do you create crates first in your external drive before you drag the track in? That’s what I do and all my tracks are on my external drive to put into the SC5Ks. It exports the file to the external drive then (don’t use the crates in collection, make sure they are the ones under the external drive).

Why can’t I import/edit cover ART jpg into tracks?

When you import your music, providing the tunes have artwork in their respective folder or if it is embeded in the meta information then this should be reflected in EP, if not then you can always embed the artwork using something like MP3tag, kid3 tag editor or similar.

I knew this, but for example with Beatport Pro for MacOS you can drag & drop the jpg artwork on tracks. Hey Denon DJ why don’t implement this function? I don’t want to use other software …

You should start a new thread with the feature request template for this.

The new update has introduced a slew of new bpm mistakes to songs that had previously been properly analysed. What gives?!

Some bpms will have changed from previous bpm analysis - for the better.

What are you seeing l? Exact half’s and doubles of the expected BPMs ?..

Check the ID3 metadata tags to see if it contains a tempo or bpm tag. The algorithm will center around this value if present.

I’ve nearly finished manually checking my main club library after 1.5 reanalysis and the only tracks that haven’t been spot on in terms of BPM have been ones with incorrect metadata or where the BPM changes throughout the track.

There are issues with first beat downbeat detection but these are quick to fix and simple need the beat grid to be shifted left or right a little.

No I’m seeing a load of songs being out by around 1bpm

1 Like