New Update | Engine PRIME v1.5

@JWiLL you probably want to update the landing page to reflect the new release, it’s still showing 1.3.4 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also wanted to post - sync manager exported 2000+ songs w/ cue points and everything to my SSD in under a minute…absolutely thrilled about this update.

1 Like

just in time for the sc6000 :slight_smile:

Hi @Revan - what landing page are you referring to?

@JWiLL it’s changed now, i was probably caching pages. :+1:

1 Like

Cool, thanks for confirming :facepunch:

That’s great news!!! Thank youuu DenonDJ Team!! :grin: :grin: :raised_hands: :raised_hands: :raised_hands:

1 Like

Engine 1.5 looks solid! Working perfectly here. Will firmware 1.5 be available soon? :smiley:

I have a question re Sync Manager - if I update a crate or playlist in main EP collection, and sync that crate/playlist to a USB/SSD which already contains a older version of said crate/playlist, will it overwrite it with the more recent version? thanks

Hi @scottnye1978 - Yes, exactly. When checking the Playlist box and clicking export, Sync Manager will copy the collection version of the Playlist to the device. If the Playlist already exists on the device, Sync Manager will only copy the new tracks.

1 Like

Thanks @JWiLL. Does it follow that when I plug the external device after use, having added to playlist and hot cues etc, it syncs the same back to the main collection?

Does it also update track informations (for example rating)?

Hope you have given this a vote

https://community.enginedj.com/t/flexible-beat-grids/6433?u=mufasa

2 Likes

Is it possible to add album artwork from Bandcamp purchased AIFF files now?

I had that problem with bandcamps way of saving their album art. I used third party tagging (cr)ap for a while but I don’t bother with bandcamp now. I just use more mainstream online music purchase sites now, and all their album art works just fine.

Tell bandcamp their art format is wrong. They won’t know until someone tells them

Very happy with the new sync manager :slight_smile: Quick and easy!!! Thumbs up!!!

So far so good on 1.5 for me, sync manager works great, thanks team Denon!

However, in briefly checking some reanalyzed tracks even if BPM is bang on now there’s still about a 50/50 chance the beatgrid is off slightly causing sync to be slightly off too. Almost every time the grid is early but I had one last night that was a little late. When I was on Traktor these were so easy to fix while playing the track by matching by ear and then moving the grid to line up to that position but I haven’t found a way to do it with the Engine gear. I know this crosses over into the players as well but has anyone figured out how to nudge the beatgrid by ear while the track is playing to fix it? If not has someone requested it as a feature so I can like that thread? I know you can go into the grid editing mode on the player while the track is playing and slide the grid but it’s not in real time so you can’t hear it, you have to apply the change and hope you got it right.

Well I just read the waveforms.

1. Play a track

2. Grid is off but you have manually beatmatched it

3. You have two choices,

A. Instant double the track to a spare deck and adjust your grids and you can listen on the headphone

B. Enter grid mode on playing track slide right or left to align with the wave form. The kick is usually a white wave. I know that the 3 color scheme makes it hard to see sometimes, as all the frequencies are layered.

hm. with new Engine Prime, every time I drop a track into a playlist, I then automatically go to that playlist (In the past I would remain in the Collection). This is huuuugely disruptive - I arrange tracks by genre/bpm, find one that I need, add to playlist and then… Need to again go to collection, arrange tracks by genre/bpm, find where I looked a moment ago, select a track that I like, add to playlist… And again… I am considering a downgrade because of this. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is this a bug or a ‘feature’?

works fine on MacOS 10.15.5

I can drag a track from Collection to a created playlist, the Library focus still on the main collection

My steps

1. Click on Collection tab (wait till library checking completes)

2. Click playlist tab (2nd tab)

3. Main collection is still showing

4. Drag from collection to a playlist