New Prime Hardware on the Horizon?

On Facebook I found this:

Looks like Prime 2 to me…

2 Likes

https://enginedj.com/engine-os.php look here

look here https://enginedj.com/engine-os.php

Prime 2 has to come soon. Denon have always done it that way. Way back when the dns5000 came out then the dns3000. Prime has alot more to offer interms of variant hardware options.

Yeah, I absolutely like what I see!

• A minor update on the X1800: I would have loved to see more improvements, especially about the bpm fx screen and than mirroring that to the sweep fx. And some kind of real innovation, but I’m quite sure we will see a new mixer next year. Until then the X1850 would do it for me. The updates of the SC5000M are absolutely wonderful (but not really a new version, more of a MKII :smirk:!
  • Larger jogwheels,
  • the screen of the Prime 4,
  • the processing power of the Prime 4, but used for 2 decks only! On the videos about the SC6000M one can see the significantly faster loading of the tracks - love it!
  • Track preview is a killer feature for me - great!
  • Of course not really important but for me a aesthetic thing: the adjusted dimensions of the new set fit much better and gives me a improved look. The players have now the same (larger) size of the mixer. :smiley: I can see a lot of work in the improvements - good job.

Maybe not that great:

• The illumination of the 8 performance pads might be a little too less. It’s been reduced to, I would say, about 20% of the lighting area of the “old” pads. And I really hope there are no unlighted pads/knobs etc, usability/recognizabilitiy and ergonomics are a big thing for me.
  • If DenonDJ really can’t deliver before Q2 (if any, how history told…) that might be a problem. Pioneer or Alpha Theta (or however that sorority calls itself at the moment) will be able to deliver in about a few days.

And my updated guess about 62G6MX (starting from behind):

• X stands for the updated X1850
  • M might be the insinuation to "M"otorized, or latin for 1000, so with
  • the “6” we got the 6000"M".
  • No idea about the “G”,
  • but the “2” stands for the meanwhile “leaked” (there are no leaks in PR!) Prime 2 (I never would have thought they get that thing ready for the 2020 lineup), and at least
  • the first number “6” I have no clue, too.

But how it looks like we will see two more devices (+ the known Prime 2) next monday. I really, REALLY hope there will be a fully featured all-you-can-dream-of DJ sampler - that would be the final fact for me buying a whole new 5-pack of finest DJ gear made by Denon.

Oh, and the “G”, to sum up my actual hardware dreams, will be a f’ìng sophisticated external effects unit, similiar to the RMX-500 but in a striking new way! :heart_eyes: (okay, than it’s a 6-pack :wink: )

If that would happen (and of course Engine Prime and Engine OS in their new versions work TROUBLE-FREE - that’s self-evident) I had absolutely no idea or imagination, how “AlphaTheta” could top that (from a technical point of view). Especially at the prices they usually demand for their uninspired and underwhelming (yes I know: but so to say standard -.-) stuff.

But if Denon again can’t deliver and we have to see some delays while the AT-stuff already hits the shelves, Denon would have made it difficult for their intended change once again.

But: best wishes from me - I’m excited like not in a long time and really would prefer to spend my money on the most inspired gear on the market right now!

My guess is a 5-pack:

• 6 = SC6000

• 2 = Prime 2

• G =??? (hopefully a “Prime Groove” - kinda like a remixdeck, sampler or something :joy:)

• 6M = SC6000M

• X = X1850

And I agree… If they dont get the issues of the way, the ‘new re-branding’ aka Embrace The Future, will have the same luck as they had with #ChangeYourRider.

Its unbelievable important that those things get fixed now, before they start selling these new units.

1 Like

I am thinking that the 2 and the G might be one thing 2G maybe.

Maybe the Prime 2 is “Prime 2 Go” if the battery indicator symbol on the display really is a battery indicator.

But, It could be though that the battery symbol was the prime 2 showing the battery level of the WiFi hotspot it was streaming through like car radios show the battery level of your mobile phone if you Bluetooth your phone to the radio hands free kit.

1 Like

Just had an email from a supplier (was enquiring about a trade in that I’m curious about) and he has already stated it’ll probably be months before that have stock.

I totally get the idea of a company launching the details and adverts for something that won’t be available to buy for months - it means that at least we all know what’s coming.

Someone posted only yesterday on this forum about the 6000m, saying that if only he’d known about the 6000m he wouldn’t have bought the 5000ms which he’s just got.

It’s always going to happen - but I think it’s better to be told what’s on the horizon than kept in the dark about new products.

1 Like

Only 14 months since the M was released. Someone please name me a single time Pioneer DJ has ever replaced a flagship that quickly. Even the mk2 version of the XDJ-1000, which is not a flagship unit, came out a full 2 years after the mk1.

1 Like

There are no functional differences between the 5000 and the 6000. Only cosmetic.

With Pioneer the changes in function where bigger, for instance lossless format support (FLAC). Cosmetic, not so much.

And another note to all: Buying new pro audio stuff before NAMM is simply stupid. Just like CES, you shouldn’t go out and get a new TV before the CES convention.

1 Like

ok but keep saying they replaced the products! but stop the products will be updated always confirmed it! but how many products does pioneer have? it has many I think we get to 30 or more if we add them all up! I think that a company like denon must have at least 10 different products of various bands to satisfy everyone! what do you want denon to replace your sc 5000 for free? if you don’t like audi anymore and you want a mercedes you have to buy it with money! I find denon’s philosophy absolutely right! we must always advance with technology! even your iPhones change every year and don’t tell me you don’t change them every year because I don’t believe you! or what do you think denon takes your sc and mounts an ssd and a bigger screen? the products will always be up to date if you don’t like it, put your hand in the wallet as you do with your iphone! and stop complaining !!!

1 Like

What are you basing that on?

I don’t think you can set the clock to the M release - you need to go back to when the SC5000’s were released, as the M is a 5000, really. It wasn’t so much a replacement for the 5000, but an addition to the product line.

Just my 0.02’s worth, and I have to say I sympathise for those that have just purchased 5000’s or 5000M’s. I try to hold off making any purchases the nearer we get to January, due to NAMM / CES for this very reason. Big discounts are usually a telltale sign of the manufacturer bringing out new kit.

Pioneer are a lousy business model to follow.

They bring out “new” Kit when a firmware update would have been more appropriate.

Denon are masters in making any model into a mk2, mk3, mk4 just by giving free firmware.

Pioneer will bring out a “new” model just to change the color

The industry leader and club standard is a lousy business model to follow?

I want to include a sampler in my kit, so have been looking at Pioneer products, just in case Mondays announcement doesn’t go my way. I thought upgrading to SC6000’s was expensive - wow, buying a pair of 2000NSX2’s and a 900nsx2 mixer is WAY more expensive than the newest Denon kit.

Think I’ll stick with Denon for the foreseeable - sampler or not - I can always integrate an Akai Force to my setup.

How long have they been resting on their laurels though? They were the leader for a long long time, but the longer they sell the same old kit, the quicker they’ll drop behind.

All respect to those Pioneer owners out there.

As a business who doesn’t listen to their customers and thinks it’s ok to launch a mk2 when firmware updating the mk1 would have done fine? Yes , pioneer are nasty business.

Denon release firmware with new features for current models instead of making available those same new features only on newer models.

You’re not also implying they don’t release firmware updates, are you? The CDJ2000NXS2 and XDJ-1000mk2 required hardware updates to do FLAC. This change was brought on after the sale to KKR. And I’ll tell you what, my CDJ-900s don’t freeze in the middle of a NYE gig or start triggering vinyl mode on their own. I also have complete confidence in the fidelity of a Pioneer CDJ SPDIF output when master tempo is off or I’m reasonably near zero. Even after only a few firmware updates their models are rock solid after initial release. Three years after release and the SC5000 is still not entirely reliable, and they still sound like I’m using VDJ or Traktor set at some wildly different frequency sampling rate on the software & interface compared to the tracks I’m playing. There’s a reason Atomix and NI tell you to put the software & interface to the same rate as the majority of your tracks.