New Prime Hardware on the Horizon?

Software is the same on both players (SC5000 and SC6000) so the updates/features (except for the BIG BIG BIG SC6000 screen) will be the same :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Will the X1800 get new firmware to improve the digital to digital sound quality on it? Neither of my two have the ground fault on the bottom circuit board that requires modification, so I’ve never had static or hum on mine or needed to mod them. The ADC and DAC stages all seem fine to me, too. More powerful TI chip in there, different PS, or clock?

1 Like

Well, like JWill just said, the screen obviously have some limitations regarding features… so even its the same OS inside, differences may occure at some points.

@JWiLL: Thanks for the answer - I understand this - not needed on the 5000s, and was actually just curious in a good curious way :slight_smile:

If you also could answer my question regarding the buttons/ knobs in the “Introducing”-thread, I think my questions are answered for now. :slight_smile:

Best regards

Will the X1800 get the new FX (echo hold and pumper) that the x1850 has?

6 Likes

hmmm… now i feel a bit sick if i saw these news about this new units. no, these are not bad,… but for a fist time owner of the sc5k and x1800 and after a house full of optimazions, firmwares and and and - i feel like a big beta tester now :expressionless:

i hope iam wrong with this, but its like "We saw what we have done with sc5k and x1800, we need now proper/better/faster units … " ?

but okay,… :neutral_face:

4 Likes

I would take some time to properly take a closer look…

SC6000 adds (only) a bigger screen, internal disk option, better jog, lockable IEC, “better” general aesthetics, darker look. The rest is mostly the same!

X1850 adds (only) better channel faders, midi start, some more FX, other caps, 3/4 beat (but 8 is removed from strip). The rest is mostly the same!

So, what’s the deal? Who talks about faster units?

New users will buy the 6000’s and X1850. We don’t have to, unless you are old and eyesight is bad. :wink: . New features will come to all Primes. I think even midi start and extra FX should be possible on the X1800.

3 Likes

Yeah, we noticed the “mixer playing FLAC” info :joy:

An entirely new mixer needed to add effects? What happened to the “we over built Prime for longevity?”

4 Likes

I didn’t state that in my last sentence.

There’s still more to come on Monday. I’m interested to see if there will be a 2 ch mixer maybe we might even see some accessories.

Also, after taking a good look at my M vs the 6000M, I’m left wondering if I could take a 6000M platter and stick on the 5000M. It looks like for the 6000M they took away the bevel on the platter to get more real estate.

Are the Cue and Play buttons now rubber instead of plastic?

I thought they built Engine OS into the mixer. I was looking for a screen.

Mark precisely laid out a formula for introducing new gear and Denon did exactly what he said NOT to do! Lol and here we are with a pretty underwhelming product launch that was leaked days in advance.

Next time someone with his years of experience with product launches speak, you might want to listen and take heed.

I wish more users would read this. It would have already saved about a dozen posts from people getting the wrong idea, feeling they and their current prime model and engine Prime software might have been left behind.

5 Likes

Wonderful products, Denon is taking advance !

So big work on software optimization is required now. We just need some functions and it will be perfect :

• tempo change on standalone unit (no more pb with analysis if we can manually modify the tempo)
  • better horiz waveform look (on prime4 like sc6000)
  • the possibility to change the 4 effects on prime4
  • File copying from usb into internal
  • file sync in engine prime
1 Like

I think that’s good news for the Denon community, too.

First of all, the sc6000 looks more like an mk2 than a new product. It has no really new features on the hardware that I really need. In addition, it attracts new users and takes a new step into the industry standard DJ community.

Now, if the Denon software development team is really unifying the entire user experience, it’s a nice choice for me as an sc5000 user! Because as more users work with and test the software, it will become more reliable and hopefully faster in the development cycles.

For me, the Denon development team has taken a big step towards the next DJ experience. And when the full integration of the Recordbox library (Hot Cues, Loops, …) also comes into the sc5000, my friends and I will be more than happy :slight_smile:

So keep on the path and keep listening to the feature requests here in the community :wink:

3 Likes

For those panicking about the SC5000/Prime units being outdated, are you ignoring the earlier post from Jwill?

Purchasing an SC5000 is an incredible deal owing to the fact that the SC6000 and other new hardware is on the SAME OS. Changes on the newer units filter down to our already impressive 5000/Prime 4 units.

Sure there will be some things a larger screen gives you but worth $400+ difference to upgrade from your top of the line SC5000 units?

SC6000 is great for new purchases or those who wanted the larger platters. Many of us are incredibly happy about the new units and those to come on the SAME OS.

still never understood the need for the 2 ch cheaper mixer or anything LESS in the Prime range.

I’m really hoping for a larger screen, motorized Prime 4 and I’m done.

Edit…OS is more suitable for the Software contained in all Prime units vs a firmware connotation.

Firmware usually is thought of changing small items or working with embedded hardware.

In theory, the Prime units are full blown computers and can get a complete makeover of the interface and most functionality.

My only disgust is that my team is 1 month old. If I had known that this spring the SC6000 would come out surely I would have waited to buy them. or not? … hahahahaha

I hear you. I’m always one for buying top of the line equipment and selling it for a slightly reduced price to upgrade to what I want or need.

I look at it as leasing or renting the equipment, payed by my gigs and upgrading for hundreds rather than the full price of the new tech.

Denon has definitely outdone the competition so far.

Waiting on the new announcements.

Prime 4 Motorized please.

hahahahahahahahaha

DenonDJ

:arrow_down:

:poop:

:arrow_down:

Pionner

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

A small advance for users who already have Denon devices would not be bad, right?