New pioneer xdj rx3

I was working at stage equipment service center for 3 years. I seen what was going on. I was present on Pioneers forum. I know personally a guy that runs authorised Pioneer repair center. He told me a lot what happens in the past couple of years too… cdj3000 - is not even getting close to be professional… not with such a cheap out components and bad planning for future of the player… people are not allowed to talk too much - pioneer is very restrictive in the bad news…

1 Like

I don’t understand the cue button sync issue you’re referencing, can you elaborate on what you mean? Surely the cue button just needs to start at the point you are pressing it?

Do you mix manually or are you relying on the player?

If I want to mix on ears, I have my Technics and my Xone92 as a do for more than 20 years. Thats not the point.

I expect cue don’t DeSync on press as works on Traktror and pioneer. Imo it’s how should work. If you look at the attached video, play button stay in sync.

VIDEO: Cue button lost Sync on press

Sorry for the louder click on press… I promise do it softly but sounds so loud.

I can understand this behaviour if I have Quantize deactivate… but in the case Quantize is activated, I think must be always in sync.

Maybe in your unit, stay in Sync, but not mine. It seems normal that each unit works differently on the Denon world. :man_shrugging:t2:

They are asking for CUE to be quantized.

I truly don’t understand that first line, so you’re saying that you mix manually with vinyl decks but then you don’t want to on the digital one? If you can mix then surely you just mix and not rely on hardware? That’s the whole point of DJing isn’t it, learn the skills then use them?

I’ve been using CDJs since 2001, as well as various other units, not once have I considered auto mixing because it’s just as easy to line the beats up manually and you’re in far more control of the mix then.

Anyway that’s your personal choice and not part of the discussion, so not questioning what you want to do.

I didn’t really understand the video, are you saying that when you hit the cue button, no matter when you hit it you want the cueing to be in time? I couldn’t work out what the issue is from the video as couldn’t really hear the music.

Yeah I think I got it… is this a widely requested feature? Admittedly I’m lost when it comes to knowledge of the auto features. Is that for some kind of cue point drumming or something?

Apparently that’s how it works in Traktor and CDJs when SYNC and QUANTIZED are active.

I’m intrigued now, wonder what Serato does. I’m going to have to have a look next time I’m on the CDJs at the bar I work at. I don’t have a Serato controller any more so can’t test that, only use DVS.

Serato does not bring PLAY and CUE into the quantization/sync process in any mode - dvs or controller.

1 Like

Ah thanks, I guess Denon would have to give it a settings option if they implemented it as not everyone would want it locked into the beat.

3 Likes

I know, sorry for the low music video volume.

essentially is what u say… if you’re in Sync and Quantize activated, launch /stop track using CUE should be in Sync… like Play button does. I don’t understand why works in a different way.

From your point of view, whats the pourpose of DeSync track on CUE press? If I wanna change cue point, for me the right way is pause track (Pressing Play), adjust cue point using plate then press CUE to set new point. But if you’re using CUE to launch or test how track sounds on your headphones or just like “drumming” with some percussion intro… has to be always in sync.

Thats the kind of issues make me unhappy with Denon, because breaks my natural workflow. And yes, Traktor and Pioneer works that way. While you’re in Sync(Slave)… always stay in Sync.

I know everyone has his own mixin style, that’s why can only speak for myself.

That would be great.

Yeah I get what you mean with that, what about a hot cue set with the cue point then just drumming that which I guess would be in sync?

It only takes a small amount of practise to drum the cue in time though doesn’t it. I’ve personally taught myself to do literally everything in time with the beat, just to get into the habit of it, even stuff like headphones cue etc.

This is what I do. But why have Sync if finally u have to launch track in Sync for yourself?

About using Hotcue… track don’t stop on Cue button release… stills playing. This makes a big difference for me.

Happy to see we can debate this is a positive way :blush:

1 Like

Yeah fair enough, I guess the other option would be drum the hot cues then hit the normal cue to stop.

I wasn’t even aware that those pads were quantised on other equipment tbh.

Did some testing

Engine DJ OS, Serato DJ, Rekordbox DJ, and Virtual DJ = CUE is not sync-quantized

Traktor Pro = CUE & CUP is sync-quantized

1 Like

I think that the sync is for those who do not know how to put in time !! never used in my life! always in time with my ears !!

1 Like

I use SYNC all the time, it works great!

2 Likes

I prefer the manual side of mixing I must admit… DJed at my residency last night, full 6hr set, I think I’d find it a struggle without having the music to match up for each track. I do appreciate looping being quantised though as it makes activating manual loops easier.

1 Like

Manual mixing has some kind of magic, I also prefer. That’s why I like to play on DVS ot vinyl.

But if I have a button named “sync” and I push it… I expect stay in sync until I deactivate. That’s all.

1 Like