New pioneer xdj rx3

Pero los usuarios de DENON PRIME 4 seguimos sin poder visualizar ondas cuando trabajamos con serato DJ, ya es hora que denon haga algo, o voy a cambiarme nuevamente a pioneer.

You know two now, cos I’m one as of a couple of months ago… the Prime 2 got huge amounts of attention at a bar last night, people wanting to know how it worked and how it “looks like it should cost far more than 1200 quid”… I don’t think I’ve ever had so many people asking about the gear.

Denon did all they could with marketing. When I do a video search for people performing on the gear I only see the usual suspects like Crossfader, DJ Carlo Atendido, Mojax and Ethan Leo.

Soon I’ll be joining the mix. Coming Jan I’ll be starting to put out a lot of content. I did a lot this year that I got to put on YouTube and my website.

3 Likes

Ah nice, im not sure ill use mine much for video mixes, ive posted 2 so far and they are on a pair of 1210s and a Mastersounds Radius 4, im not unwiring that setup for any controller/digital setup haha:)

2 Likes

The Radius 4 is my next mixer, for sure.

1 Like

Best DJ purchase ive ever made… wanted one for years since our local club had a Rane MP2016s and XP2016s install. It was like learning to mix again for the first couple of months.

If you want to see a couple of videos of me using it then this is my channel link.

4 Likes

I’m definitely getting one. I just need to get a house in order first. I’ll grab the FX unit too.

1 Like

Yeah the FX unit is awesome, I still use Serato FX for stuff that I want in time but the echo effects and filter on the MS one produce some lovely sounds.

1 Like

GREAT track selection!! Ha, I have nearly every track that you play. You got me wanting a Rotary now…the transitions are sooo 'effing smooth!!

1 Like

Cheers man, which mix did you listen to? And yeah the mixer is stunning, I waited 20years to buy one and wish I hadn’t… its punishing if you aren’t in the groove in a way that you can usually blag it on faders, but when you’re into it the mixing is a sublime experience.

If you’re interested the 2 channel version of the radius is only £800 now, which for a hand built mixer, built in the UK is an absolute bargain id say… and you get to enjoy the fact it was made by Andy Rigby-Jones an absolute legend.

1 Like

Oct 14, 2021

1 Like

Ah nice, House is my bread and butter but ive been really into the more downtempo stuff lately.

Here’s hoping someone can bring a new Serato sound card out to support modern OS etc, stuck on the SL3 right now with my Mac on Catalina.

1 Like

Same here I have been a pioneer guy forever but got the prime 4 when it released due to the supposed feature set but it has been a real love hate relationship Engine DJ library software ■■■■■ has a long way to go

Had my prime all set with 500gb internal and the database failed on me multiple times

Rebuilding drive again under 2.1 we will see

RX3 or RZ is looking better and better

So for now I trust my DDJ1000’s and CDJ’s with a laptop and rekordbox

1 Like

Well, I lost my faith in Denon, Prime 4 has been my first and last Denon device. I don’t understand why Denon ask us about feature requests, bugs or workflows and after many updates they don’t implement or fix any of the top voted ones.

I don’t need 4 track horizontal or vertical views, or a very limited light system (I’m sure someone uses it and is happy with it) or connect to tidal, dropbox, etc… I’m pretty sure almost all of us just need a cue button don’t desync on push it, a well designed library management, a logical master/slave function, pads effects in sync, useful effects, a real factory reset option to restart unit when something goes really wrong, or some of the so many times requested minor features.

But most important for me is the Denon’s radio silence and the lack of feedback. No one knows if any of the request will be implemented or fixed.

As I say before, I’m just waiting for a Pioneer real 4 decks usb controller to get back to Pionner and have fun again.

Sorry for the Denon’s Evangelists

:v:

3 Likes

I hear you man and for my part, I have been warning Denon via these forums that there are serious issues with the core software functionality that must be addressed if they want to retain the confidence of its customers.

I’ve only had my SC6000’s for two months but the issues with onboard playlist management and confusion around the new unified collection behaviour are unacceptable. I’m barely using them at this point because I transition from Traktor and it’s just not an enjoyable experience.

Rolling out new 4 deck waveforms when so much else needed addressing was a very poor decision and shows a lack of understanding of what really matters with DJ hardware/software.

I’m not in a position to offload my SC6000’s right now but if I don’t see a change in direction within the next few months I will switch back to Pioneer.

Listen to your members Denon, we know what we are talking about.

1 Like

the problem of the 4 waveforms nobody asked for it? but what do you say? was requested a long time ago! by many forum users! why don’t you start programming yourself? you think pionner listens to their users! poor deluded !! go back to pioneer or traktor ahaha!

Regarding the Engine Dj 2.0 to 2.1 software … I find that I have not seen more simple and intuitive software! Before I imported all my SDJ Pro library having already prepared everything for a long time the folders and sub-folders and it was already a saving of sick time.

For a few months now, I don’t even use SDJ anymore, I just do a drag and drop of my library which is stored in my Mac or my backup SSD and the advantage is that I am sure to forget any title and the most terrible … is that I have not yet seen a single software that can create my root “DJ” folder which contains several folders by “Genre”, containing subfolders by “Artist” by doing just one drag / drop. I have been using Serato since 2005 (Scratchlive, Itch, SDJ and SDJ Pro), I had Traktor and DJAY Pro and you had to create folders (create) and name them manually.

movie create playlist library

The only current criticism is that they must improve the precision of the BPM analyzes, in order to have a precise beat grid. There are other demands, that’s clear! But nothing fatal in itself! I never had an OS or software crash. Then we must take into account the quality of our audio files which can have an impact on the behavior of the software or the OS and as well as the quality of the support used and also how the computer is used and its hardware and OS characteristics. .

Relordbox started to be stable 5/6 years after its release in 2010 and the demands have not been made in a day or a year.

Pioneer gets the basics of being a professional DJ right, and that’s what matters most to me.

The rest of your post is an incoherent rant so I won’t address it.

Well, you are not right… if You go to pioneer forum and hang out there for some time, You will notice that most major issues posted there are just getting deleted. According to Pioneer people should not post there any problems, just contact support. So no one can see the amount of issues they have. I used Pioneer for over 10 years. I was on that forum, I know their tactics. Here You get honest opinions and nothing is deleted and colorised. So You can transparently see the issues. But also there is a majority of users without any issues or with only minor issues. Or even people without issues and not on the forum at all. For sure there is a big amount of happy denon users, who don’t even know about this forum.

4 Likes

Having been an authorized reseller in France … I confirm your statements!

1 Like