New pioneer xdj rx3

Agree with this, the look is lot better than the horrible green colors scheme in the Prime 4 and the UX too And I’m sure they don’t have any problem with the sound output (neutral frequency response &)

1 Like

Totally agree. I’m thinking Pioneer hasn’t implemented streaming because their players don’t have the ability to analyze tracks on the fly (like with the Prime series).

1 Like

Its simply so you will have to use rekordbox 6 and in turn prob buy into their subscriptions making them endless bank. I.e their take on joint Dropbox plan…

Unlike Denon the price you see is the price you pay. Be-all and end-all.

1 Like

If we had to choose our own 3 colours which would you go for?

Black Orange for some button white for the rest

Interesting…So what would your background colour be so you can see black?

A custom choice would be awesome as we have choices for deck colours :muscle:

1 Like

This:

:joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

The price point absolutely kills this imho. Of course people will buy it cause its Pioneer. I can’t fault anything under the hood here, as it is meant to be an entry level at home device. It is not a Device designed for gigging.

A poor update really, arguably aside fro the screen this Rx3 cant even compete with the Prime Go, the Prime 2 beats it hands down, there are a couple of features I do like, such as being able to favorite playlists, Denon please also do this, outside of that nothing to write home about. Pioneer thinking right that should do for now, 10 days later Denon drops another update, Pioneer like why Denon why.

I will do the same !

Sounds like moving over to Pioneer is definitely the right choice for your needs then I would say.

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Believe me… I want to fall in love with my Prime 4… but EngineOs don’t make it easy, the overall UX kick me back over and over. Love and hate at the same time.

But I have hope Denon can improve so much in next upgrades. Cross fingers.

2 Likes

Im going to be honest, im new to Engine and the Prime space and ive found it quite intuitive… of the issues you list above I don’t think any of them would affect me personally. I don’t really use beat grids and only use the BPM as a rough guide of what track to play next when im building a set. The effects section im not overly concerned with hearing them in the headphones as its not something id really need.

For the library ive just used the Serato tool and imported my existing one from there, I have 5000 tracks sorted into various playlists by genre or by full albums, for using the Prime they are pretty much the same order as my Rekordbox catalogue and Serato catalogue, I haven’t seen a difference.

But like I say if these things are impacting your experience then perhaps it is a good time to switch over to something else.

4 Likes

in the end I too am used to my prime 4, and when I get to the places where the pioneers are, I still struggle to get used to the passages between links, USBs and folders! not to mention the jogs that work in a different way than denon! so you see also I find difficulties and differences to the contrary yours! everyone has a different way of approaching the various brands and consoles!

1 Like

The Pioneer is a cool device.

Actually, I’m quite happy with my PrimeGo now.

What I really painfully miss is Pioneer’s effect selection. Especially the Dub Echo, Vinyl Brake and Noise effects. Pad FX is also awesome.

What is a real negative point with PrimeGo is that it does not remember the effect parameters when selecting an effect. This is very fiddly and takes a lot of time to reset it every time.

With Smartplaylist, I’ve now helped me with the TuneUP Prime tool - it really works flawlessly - you just have to read into the operation of the parameters correctly.

What is stopping me from switching? I don’t want to miss SW Lighting via DMX via the Prime anymore - simply brilliant

Pioneers extreme prices

No Streaming services

If there will be a successor to the Prime2 with more effects and more 4x sweep effects, this will be my next device

this and a comment in the pioneer forum!

Hi guys,

Thought I’d chip in as I always find Pioneer’s moves interesting.

I’ve owned the range from CDJ-1000 mk3, XDJ-RX, DDJ-1000 and now XDJ-XZ.

I’m happy with my XZ bar the fact that to use Beatport Link, I have to switch to laptop DJing.

Meanwhile, Denon do it inbuilt - and you can store tracks in an offline locker and play on your unit in public without a laptop. Less things to possibly go wrong = bonus.

I’m not a Denon fan because I think they look like a toy but I do appreciate where the industry is going in regards to streaming.

I’ve taken notice of the RX3’s specs because its the first time we’re seeing the next generation of screens and CPU in an all-in-one. We love the CDJ-3000 when we’ve used them at events and I think the RX3 looks like a great unit but the question I can’t resist asking is…

Is there any chance this unit (and the CDJ-3000) can make up for it’s shortfall in the Beatport Link / Beatsource link streaming area? I feel it really is time to address this, guys. The market is begging for it.

So many people using an all-in-one want to avoid using a laptop. That’s the point of the all-in-one.

This time the CPU would be able to handle it - so I’m quietly hoping that Pioneer secretly shipped the CDJ-3000 and RX3 with a secret wifi hardware inbuilt, to be activated at a later date when the technicians become happy with a firmware release to unlock it.

I’m really left scratching my head about these decisions as I fear it is just sending customers in the commercial/wedding/mobile DJ field straight to Denon when the new range of Pioneer equipment is, otherwise, really good.

reply for another

“I’m really left scratching my head about these decisions as I fear it is just sending customers in the commercial/wedding/mobile DJ field straight to Denon”

I am scratching my head too! I am so disappointed in this one. I hope they do something quickly. I have 3 pioneer controllers and was going to make it a 4th. Now, this… - No Key Shift/Sync - No onboard analysis - No streaming/wifi… Com’on Man!

“so I’m quietly hoping that Pioneer secretly shipped the CDJ-3000 and RX3 with a secret wifi hardware inbuilt”

I mean, do people really think this? thats the definition of delusion in my opinion.

I remember that’s how Denon DJ revealed WiFi embedded to the world.

“Surprise! You’ve now got WiFi!”.

1 Like

Denon did it. It wasn’t until users here showed images of the disassembled unit with the wireless nic that we knew it was coming.

Also, the CDJ3000’s do have a wired NIC onboard already.

Not saying it’s gonna happen, but since they switched to an ARM64 based SBC under the hood, it is not out of the realm of possibility.