New firmware update coming for January?

Hello guys !

The CES is taking place today and the NAMM is coming really soon !

the last update date of early september , it’s been 5 months now, with the correction of the high end roll off and other big stuff the next big update should arrive quickly no? What do you think ?

@paul_denondj a little teasing :smirk: ?

January is traditionally a long month for folks.

This year’s Jan is extra long waiting for Denons rumoured news.

Hopefully it brings more goodies for the Prime owners.

Top on my wish list as a working multi genre party DJ is an improved BPM detection algorithm. Just too many of my 100 ish bpm tracks showing up as 67bpm or 130. Its frustrating but i am patient.

@tellor01 what is at the top of your list…say they could only fix one thing?

Agree the January month is really long before NAMM event

I really wish they released a new firmware for the SC5000 and X1800 really soon 5month is perfect and it’s already long enough in my opinion

My top of the list : certainly the high end roll off (but denon say it’s gonna be resolve for the next upgrade) or the problem with the tempo 0.05

Other thing a big improve for Engine Prime

Definitely better bpm detection and with that, grid placement. I’ll take that over automatic flexible grids.

1 Like

EP itself needs almost a complete rebuild with how much it’s missing.

Im sure the past few months have been spent focusing on development for Akai. I for one am excited to see what the APC Live holds and if it will be link compatible with the prime ecosystem. This possible announcement is the reason I decided not to purchase an MPC Live.

It’s not the same team mate, same brand with Inmusic but with different person

Ah. I just assumed since both products run on MCS, it was the same development team.

Long month for sure as we wait but I predict a pretty nice firmware update announced at NAMM with lots of optimizations and added features for our players. I also have a feeling they’ll be announcing a new controller and possibly some integration on lighting. And my gut says we also get a permanent price drop on the sc5000 (the M will stay the same) to maybe 1499 or somewhere around there. We have some very good momentum after the holiday discounts and I think they have some good things coming for us! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What is MCS?

Look at the sticker top left on an SC! :sunglasses:

An MPC Live has the same Multi Core System.

The CPU in the deck, I forget where I read it but I believe it was a teardown someone did where they spotted that it’s an ARM STM32F.

It’s a Rockchip quad core based on ARM. See other topic.

My thoughts on the SC5000M's 2 months in! Short Review and Requests.

Guys i have a source who work for Inmusic who say there are no firmware update before March… :face_with_raised_eyebrow: For the release of the Prime4… there are lot of bug to fix and improve with Engine software too and 8months since september it’s starting to get very long …

1 Like

Hmmmmm have faith! I’ve heard the opposite from an Inmusic source! lol

Guess we’ll find out in a few days!!

1 Like

Really mate ? it’s cool if it’s true ! We really need a new firmware update @Chloe_DENONDJ

Yup! I think we all agree on that!! :stuck_out_tongue:

And what is the opposite of March?

I think he means sooner rather than later.

Yes, thank you! : )