New firmware for Prime 4

I m kinda disappointed still no new firmware for Prime 4 for new feautures such as track preview or track bpm editinig directly on the machine. now it’s like even the smaller brothers prime 2 and prime go have better feature

1 Like

I’m sure it’s being worked on. Only issue is the very very slow pace that things happen in Denon land. It will happen eventually.

2 Likes

We’re told that Prime is Prime. What features get written into one prime can be shared to all primes (true primes not mcx8000). Track preview, we were told, is more difficult to route audio for track preview on prime 4 as it’s 4 Audio channels to preview rather than two channels to preview on Each sc5000 player.

With no way of doing gigs for probably the rest of 2020, and the tortoise-like “progress” of denon with firmware together with its zero output on software upgrade of engine prime, I’m thinking of selling my prime 5000s and 1800 and just see how low the sc6000 primes prices descend when we’re let out next year.

Not the time to be dissappointed, I’m sure that the Denon Team is working hard on it, to bring new features asap to all their gear. Last they surprised us all with the rollout of the X1800 Firmware Version 1.3 (no one had on the radar, we only wished it to come true). They listened to us and overhauled the x1800 Firmware to be more equivalent to the X1850 Features. Most other companies wouldn’t care about already sold gear after its release. Or do you know any other DJ Mixer which got new features 3 years after release?

Perhaps next will be the SC5000 / SC5000M and Prime 4 on the list bringin’ the beta to RC Status :sunglasses: can’t wait to get my hands on the improved rc for my decks.

This may be true for core functionality, but as hardware and components start to differ there will be technical limitations as we have started to see.

Prime is Prime could be interpreted as your collection will work on every prime branded device!

1 Like

I’m really disappointed with the lack of bpm adjustment on the machine as my only laptop that I primarily use for video editing isn’t formatted to fat and I can’t reformat the drive cause it will cause major headache for me Also I can’t connect prime 4 to my pc as I don’t have usb 3 . I tried with usb 2 didn’t work So many of my tracks just don’t automatically scan correctly I even invested in a ssd card for the prime 4 thinking I wouldn’t need a pc for cue points or anything like that I would just record all my old vinly over and use a usb for digital tracks Apart from buying a new laptop I’m not sure what to do really

I am waiting for track preview, i hope it’s here by next year.

@Tommot Sorry but before buying a product you do not inquire about how it works or what you need to make it work better? Don’t be unwary. At the moment only and I say only Denon allows you to have a car like Prime 4. The other brands certainly are no longer ahead of this system.

@REIS: See here for more info on what Tommot experiences:

I love the prime 4 its a amazing bit of kit . it’s been really tricky getting to grips with it but I’m there now . I still can’t connect my pc to it so my ssd drive is useless but I just get round it by using flash drives to and from the prime and my pc . Maybe I’ll try again in the future but I’m happy just creating sets at the moment