New controller for second layer?

Might be worth buying two and selling one back to L&M down the road. Brand new in a box, I would imagine they will give you more than half the value of the original price :smiley: lol might just work…

Its not a Player, its a dumb controller that works on the ethernet bus and using the computing power within the master SC5000 / 6000. Should be much cheaper given it has little tech inside.

1 Like

Again, how do you know that? Surely no one can say that it is anything, until Denon have made their announcement.

2 Likes

Do you have a source for that? Or just a wild guess?

If it were me I’d go for the 2nd sc5000.

If you have one SC5000 and one slave and the sc5000 fails in any way, like power, fuse, drinks spillage, corrupt track hanging the deck etc , then in a guessed theory, the slave deck would be completely inoperable too.

On the other hand, If you’ve got two sc5000 and one fails then you can use the two layers on the working deck to keep the party going until you can sort the problem

3 Likes

Look in my picture… a certain friend told me.

We still don’t believe you :crazy_face: You gotta give us absolute proof :rofl:

There are only 2 in possession by non-staff. Lucas has one. I have one.

I don’t know when something will be announced. Until then, I will not comment.

To that extend. Friends of mine will not disclose information either.

4 Likes

I hope the 2nd layer controller will work with my SC5000s too, not just the 6000. I know the platter seems to be sc6000 size, so will look odd next to a 5000 but I could live with that difference

The 5000 and 6000 are so architecturally similar that I would be amazed if it doesn’t work.

2 Likes

That’s what I’m hoping. Or that if there are any differences then there’s some menu that appears on the master SC that allows you to say how the slave responds to the master deck being a 5000 or a 6000 for platter sizes maybe

1 Like

BUMP

So who remembers this from all the way back in September last year?

Watching Mojaxx play on Twitch yesterday, he said that he won’t be streaming for a while as he’s busy making videos for upcoming product releases.

Could it be???

1 Like

He might be working on a video about this product:

3 Likes

Well that’s one (haha) product - but the way he said it implied more than a single product.

1 Like

Woah! …now you’ve got my interest. :grin: :sunglasses:

Maybe this will show more…

3 Likes

Two decks and a mixer in one from Rane.

It’ll cost about the same as a family car lol

Looks a lot like that

Ooooooh so either Rane is selling a Numark for a massively inflated price tag, or Numark is selling a Rane a stunning discounted fire sale price, or both Numark and rane have got DJs needs dialled in so tight, that all systems with two decks and a mixer are just going to look more or less the same

I wonder if this new rane product will have hybrid mode?

If so I’ll pick one up for my iPad.

It looks to have dual soundcards.

It look to be a standalone mixer with fx.

And it looks like it has 2 mic inputs.