New controller for second layer?

If he was, he would be bound by NDA. :wink:

1 Like

You don’t have to be in bed with denon to know something is coming soon.

He guys keep an eye here something is coming soon. :joy:

2 Likes

Great idea - not something I am interested in, but I would imagine loads will be over the moon about it.

Any guesses as to the price?

Have given up on the sampler or remix station, sadly, so its great to see Denon still pushing boundaries, even if they are not the ones I want them to push.

You want a price before they’ve even announced it?! :joy:

Three months and counting, still not a peep from Denon DJ.

Just wondered what people would think about the cost of a slave unit, if one even exists - thats all.

My educated guess would be that it will be close to the price of an actual deck. It would be very stupid from a business point of view to price it much lower than a deck. Denon would still want you to buy a full blown deck but if that is out of someone’s price range, they would market this for you. so if a deck is $1300 I would say this thing might be $1000 and I am making these numbers up here as I don’t think it’s important for me to google how much the decks are going for right now…Again, it’s just my guess or opinion…

Impossible to price this screenless unit around 1000$ since it’s just a controller not a player ! I can see anyone paying this much for something that just works with prime ecosystem unless Engine goes into a full live performance mode like RKDJ.

The Numark V7 was priced around 900$ in the beginning. So if this mysterious controller has the same capabilities and is also Serato certified, this would the only reason it could have the same price…

I agree - $1000 is too much, in my eyes.

Would anyone actually be interested in this?

Is it? How do you know? Do you have inside info?

2 Likes

A media player with no screen or a dummy small black and white screen in 2020/2021 ??? Impossible ! So it’s obviously a controller

If it is just a controller, remember that the Rane Twelve isn’t anywhere near that.

£500 is around the money for something like this. Many parts from the SC6000 could be reused keeping costs down. I’m sure it would be a good addition for the SC series and maybe even compliment the Prime 4. If it has a sound card then it could be a little more expensive, and If motorised then maybe more around the Twelve price.

It is possible that it can be used via Link into an X1800/X1850 to control Serato DJ or an upcoming Engine DJ software?

I guess building and shipping the SC6000 is their main priority and It will most probably have been planned for a NAMM reveal anyway.

1 Like

I said my numbers were made up!! Also my reasoning behind the price was not because what the device looks like but more for what it unleashes. A single SC is a single SC and very difficult to keep track of layers but if the second unit is now going to represent another layer, it can replace a secondary deck so for that reason I think the price will be relatively close to the price of a full SC6000.

I could be wrong; what do I know. Just my guess but my dollar amounts were made up and I had clearly explained in the original post. The point was that I thought the price will be close to a full deck price to make the buyer really think about getting the deck just like Apple prices their phones with different HDD capacity.

I’m not a conspiracy theorist but did you notice that the price of SC5000 dropped in the UK to ~769 pounds in many stores? I wonder if it’s just clearance / BF deals or they know that something new is coming… Did you notice a price drop in other countries?

1 Like

Ba dum tish :laughing:

I’m so glad I went for the Prime 4.

I checked out a big national chain store here in Canada and although they have marked the SC5000 & the M “ON SPECIAL” suggesting a sale price, the actual price is still the same as before :expressionless: I asked and the staff didn’t know anything further.

Your price seems like a steal of a deal.

1 Like

Same in Germany. The SC5000 seems to be discontinued. Some retailers are already out of stock.

I noticed this too. I was long and McQuade.

The only real special was the prime go that gets you a $100 gift card.

1 Like

They just introduced a new promo…buy one SC5000M and get the second for 50% off :slight_smile:

Too bad I only need one. If the non m 5000 had a better special price I would consider it though.

I’m in the same boat…

Grab a 2nd SC5000 while prices are reduced, or hold on & see if the mythical new controller will control the second layer at an even lower price.

1 Like