Network link 2 sc5000 to destop pc

Ah okay.

I think so too, about the old firmware.

1 Like

Having the ability to connect to a computer (over Ethernet, WiFi or USB) and read Engine Prime is not too much to ask IMHO

1 Like

True, and as pointed out earlier in the thread, there is a feature request for it already.

That being said, there are much higher priority things that need attention first such as the BPM algorithm so understandably, some of these “nice to have” features are going to take a backseat until the fundamentals are working correctly.

Some will always want better BPM analysis. Some of us don’t even use it. The devs are probably never going to completely stop working on it either way. At a certain point features that are one-off implementations will need to take precedence over subtle ongoing improvements. Certainly things missing from Engine Prime that are in old Engine and all versions of Rekordbox ought to be higher on the list than they seem to have been. The unmentioned elephant in the room, however, is that there may be a profit ‘backend’ on these paid streaming services this feature might be seen as cutting into.

@Jsgordon79,

Just following up on this.

Did you find out if you had the correct firmware?

Best regards

1 Like

Engell thank you for following up mate, that’s really kind of you!

Sorry Denons took a back seat after my dog had an accident, only back to it and catching up now. Yes straight out the box these dinosaurs were running version 1.20.0 lol (who knew lol)… so, I a have just updated to version 1.41… low and behold, here’s my WIFI ! and Tidal which is new to me so going to start using that instead of Spotify for all my fluffy non underground stuff.

Lot’s to learn! I shall do some more homework before having a rant on here lol

2 Likes

Glad you got you WiFi, mate :pray:

We all have our things to learn - and I also have my rants in here from time to time :joy:

But things are getting better and better with each update, and Denon has shown a huge improvement over time to actually listen to us. So thats really great :muscle:

Once again, welcome on board, and I was glad I could help you. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

what would really be awesome is to get a Track ID sent over to PC or MAC OBS now when the live-streaming is on fire :wink:

2 Likes

Anyone any news on using a laptop for the prime players? I’ve read some of the posts and for me the main use would be to be able to prepare music as i’m practising on my decks but to be able to do it on my laptop. Rename cue pts is a big one. I know you can change them on a player but being able to rename them would be very useful. Just one of the things that springs to mind. Cheers

No news!

Don’t forget to vote via this link if you haven’t already

https://community.enginedj.com/t/laptop-pc-link-for-ep/13590?u=mufasa

And a casual reminder that the old Engine (not Prime) software for SC2900/3900 players had this feature so the decision to remove it was intentional by inMusic.

Not necessarily ‘intentional’. Some of the devs I talked with about this way back didn’t seem to even know about this feature. They needed an explanation of what it even was. Obviously one could make the case about the appropriateness of such individuals working on such a project as Prime in the first place, but I thought the more relevant question was why InMusic apparently had insufficient market research they’d done on the state of the art & the industry at the time of developing it to give the devs in the first place, which would also be consistent with the audio processing issues, jog bend sensitivity, etc, etc, that seemed to so completely deviate from history and industry norms of what’s acceptable. I think a more accurate phrasing would be that they oddly enough didn’t add or include the feature on a completely new product line. Obviously at least a few people at InMusic knew about this feature, but it’s not as if Engine Prime is simply an update of old Engine that the feature’s code was removed from, rather it appears to be a completely new code base from scratch.

It is. And it was still intentional.

Can you please share your source for this info?

You mean where do I get the idea that inMusic made a cop…I mean a rework of old Engine software in-house with AirMusic team and decided that some features are not worth the time(money) to make from scratch since the accent with new hardware will be on standalone performance with big screens? No, I am very sorry, I cannot share that with you.

I don’t believe you, I am afraid - I don’t think you have any insider knowledge of InMusic and their inner workings at all - it certainly doesn’t sound like it from reading your posts.

Carry on though - its entertaining to see where you go with this.

I definitely do not have any insider info :slight_smile: Carry on.

Cool - all cleared up there then.

Happy New Year to you.

Any news on how to load tracks from your computer to SC5000 / 6000 via Ethernet or USB?

It would be an interesting feature to share the library and centralized backups on the network of my recording studio. Also to test the tracks I export from my DAW, as they usually test a few different sockets and plugging and unplugging the USB 10 times is a bit “annoying”. Just help speed up the work.

No news, and nothing happened yet in this subject… We have to wait still… But also there’s no promise from anybody that it will be actually done…