My thoughts on the SC5000M's 2 months in! Short Review and Requests

sigh

reaches for credit card…

Whoa!

I have 4 “deck start” outputs on my Xone:db4 that I forgot were there.

There’s one “remote” input on the 5000m.

I’m at work currently and don’t have my gear with me, but I will definitely be digging in on this.

I’ll have to get a ‘standard remote start cable’ as it says in the manual, and hopefully that’s what the db4 uses, too.

I also wonder how it’ll know which “deck” to start because my two “decks” are just the layers. it seems in my mind that the remote would be more for somebody with two decks, not a person with one deck and two layers…

but I will remain hopeful and try this as soon as i can get that cable.

Well thanks, but denon put it in there. Props to their dev team.

2 Likes

On the X1800 that part is defined by the LAN I guess. Im not using speciale cables for that.

this is where i saw the “standard… cable”

oh, and here it even says it will “automatically start the track on the CURRENTLY SELECTED LAYER”

bummer! (<---- lol why is the word ‘b u m m e r’ blocked out?)

it’d be dope to have a setting where it would automatically start the opposite layer!

that’s my feature request:

a setting to toggle which layer the remote start starts. either the current layer or the other. you pick.

It works even with the ‘Un-selected’ Layer.

I just tested it. When I put the switch to ON, it works on all 4 layers, according to the designated channels.

2 Likes

can you elaborate a bit more, please?

are you saying it will start both layers at the same time? so it is just up to the DJ to make sure you have your channel faders down if you don’t want them heard…

in my case I’ve got 4 separate deck-start outputs, so I’d have to pick one of them. I’ll use output 4 for Layer B, as that’s how I have it currently. so, 3.5mm TS jack out of 4 into Remote in on SC5000m.

I’ll give it a go here after work today. …curious to see if both layers start from that one output on the db4!

Well I’m using the X1800 mixer with my 2 SC5000’s

I activate the faderstart and put a track on at Layer A, assigned to channel 2 on the mixer and a track on Layer B, assigned to channel 1 on the mixer.

Then I start playing Layer A, and while Layer A (channel 2) is active, I start Layer B by pushing up on fader channel 1.

I guess its assigned thru the LAN, but each channel fader only starts the assigned Layer. (I dont know how this works on your mixer.)

See the vid - from 1.00 minut it shows how it start the ‘not active’ Layer.

2 Likes

Thank you, Engell!

The last 22 seconds of your video is exactly what I wanted to see.

I hope it will work that way with my set up!!

You are welcome. Just thought I would show it all :slightly_smiling_face:

Faderstart in the X1800 goes through ethernet to the SC, so not the same as standard faderstart on the DB4.

There is only 1 faderstart (remote) port on an SC, so probably that’s only working for the active layer.

Thanks Reese, :slightly_smiling_face:

I havent worked with the DB4.

I believe there is a topic here where somebody reported that as a bug.

1 Like