MP3 ID Tags

Hi,

I have downloaded a load of music and the music label is not in the ID3 tag of the mp3, instead it’s in the file name.

Can anyone please recommend a piece of software which will automatically replace the text in the label column, with the name of the actual label, which is in these [xxx] brackets on the file?

Thank you

Try Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v2, MP4, OGG, FLAC, ...)

Thank you,

Have downloaded this software and it’s a bit confusing, I can’t work out how to get this action done :frowning:

Post a filename example

Example file:

Dangelo (Arg) - Last Expedition (Original Mix) [Dissolved Mind]

Convert → Filename - Tag

%artist% - %title% [%PUBLISHER%]

2 Likes

Tagscanner is highly recommend.

If you have a discogs account (free) it will use this as a database (as well as Amazon and others) to fill in the obvious artist and title with album art etc… but also - year of release, LABEL, EP/LP track number, genre etc…

I use this first then batch edit it mp3tag if required

:+1:

1 Like

found a free automated discog tagger on reddit.

Just sharing

2 Likes

Cant get the Year of Release to work proberly… It takes the year of the album, not the actual release year of the track :worried: Messed up quite a bunch of tracks with that :exploding_head:

Ideas/ expertise are welcome :pray:

Metadatics is great if you are on a Mac.

1 Like

Be sure you select the single version if that’s what you need and not the album with its year.

I have tracks that I ripped from my vinyls years ago. I found it very handy to tag with original art work as coming from the vinyl era I found looking for the art work I knew instantly what that track was.

It’s nice to have full tag data including the vinyl press number etc too.

Perfect thank you for your help with this!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.