Moved the quantize button to dropdown

I don’t really get the reason behind this. Why would we want the quantize button hidden? Me myself I would prefer an own button for it on the actual player, among the loop in - out. But they decided to have it on the screen, but now they removed it from where the song is playing and put it in the dropdown.

Or am I missing something?

5 Likes

Yes, I was asking the same question. Quantize button is a performance feature, should not be hidden.

5 Likes

But I’m really stroked that they seemed to nail the “master” deck with the quantization bars above the grid! it detects master now and its also a button on the screen if it, for some reason, gets it wrong.

Would be nice if the Q indicator at the top of the screen was also a toggle button. Best of both worlds? I don’t disable Quant often except for tracks where the grid is out - but then I need it in a hurry.

4 Likes

Totally agree with you. Q as a toggle would be a great idea.

2 Likes

Yep this is my big (huge) gripe with the new update — I play a mix of quantized and unquantized tracks and switch back and forth all the time. Having it behind the dropdown is rlllyy annoying. I also don’t love how minimal and out of the way the quantize indicator is — I want to be able to see at a glance in the main part of the screen whether quantize is on or not :frowning:

1 Like

I agree! Need to make it so you can turn quantize on and off with just one touch. Having quantize in the pull down is an extra step. I turn quantize on and off a lot when mixing

2 Likes

I agree that turning the Q logo into a toggle button is the easiest workaround for this…

What is the current state of this? Afaik it’s still only available via shortcuts, right? Which is not sufficient for me to use it as a performance tool

The small Q on main view is now working as a button. You can switch quantize on and off without any menu diving.

1 Like

Oh thats great, I didnt even notice.

Denon really need to provide actually updated user guides. Half the information isnt there ususally and it’s hard if not impossible to get all the small changed from the release notes as well. I’m not even sure they list them all?!