Midi sync with x1850 and Alexis Multipad

Hi guys

Have never used midi sync before. Want to know if I can tempo sync any tracks playing through my x1850 to any loops I play on my Alexis Strike Multipad.

I’m using djay on iPad with 2 x LC6000 as controllers and an x1850.

Thanks in advance.

Ben

Since you are not using the SC players but DJ software and the X1850 does not have the ability to take BPM midi info over usb, you would rely on the accuracy of the mixer’s auto bpm detection and mixer would send that value to the alexis (well, with a bit of delay and also not exact).

Thanks so would it just be a matter of midi out of x1850 to midi in of alesis?

Thanks Ben

We have Ableton Link now, so if djay has Link then it should be possible to sync the X1850 (latest firmware) to djay.

Assuming that the X1850 sends the Link clock to its MIDI port, you would then run a MIDI cable from the X1850 to the Alesis (not Alexis :-)).

Good call, forgot about new Ableton Link :+1: If Alesis Strike Multipad supports Link then sync all three over it

Sweet!

No idea how this works though can someone run me through the setup??

Thanks!!!

Check if your Strike Pad’s midi ports are picked up on your iPad via USB.

If so install an app called Link to Midi and that’s it.

Your x1850 will only send accurate midi clock through engine connect only. This requires media players. You are only using controllers.

So even though Ableton Link has been added to the Denon mixers, they don’t pass that clock out of the MIDI port? Have you actually tested that yourself?

I must of missed something probably.

It could probably work with the one way master/slave method you described. Or peer to peer both ways via USB that’s all.