Mic light led malfunction?

Hi there, when my prime 4 boots up and all the lights do their thing, the mic 1 light is orange rather than green. Works fine but is there something wrong with the led?

No Its normal, I think it was reported to Denon by someone on the forum last year.

Probably in the firmware 1.5.2 it has not yet been solved, because it is a very complicated defect to fix, it takes years of study to control the right color of the LED when switching on. :joy: :grin: :shushing_face: :shushing_face: :zipper_mouth_face:

It’s green for some signal being picked up and orange when it’s loud, or loud enough for talkover to kick in … I think

Yes, it is as you say: yellow is to signal saturation.

But here we refer to the color difference of the led of microphone 1 vs. microphone 2 during the start-up phase.

Also another curious fact that I have always wondered why and that (I hoped) it had been fixed with OS 1.5.2: have you ever noticed during the boot-up phase that the writing DENONDJ appears on all the small OLED displays display, except on the far right? :joy: :joy: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: Why? Why?

Yay. It was me that reported the LED on start up and the OLED that doesn’t go all the way to the end.

The original firmware that launched had the OLED go to the end but the first update caused the last one to be missed out and sent to the beginning again.

There was a promise to fix these.

Edit: It turns out that I didn’t log officially in a separate thread but was recognised as a bug by Denon DJ and was due to be fixed (but it didn’t quite happen).

Here it is:

https://community.enginedj.com/t/confirmed-master-vu-meters-remain-illuminated-when-switching-from-controller-to-standalone-mode/14481/3?u=mrwilks

There is the OLED one somewhere too lol.

1 Like