Memory Cues / Visual Markers Feature Request

Thanks.

I’m sure there are many DJs who mix by ear, and have a day job though. Those two elements do not /have/ to be mutual exclusives.

I do mix by ear, I beatmatch, I’ve learnt that 20 years ago, with a ■■■■ reloop turntable that would go out of sync, a technics 1200, and cds. The point is, I don’t care how you do your stuff, if you use sync, if you use cues, if you prepare your sets or just wing it. As long as it sounds nice and the crowd is enjoying it. I didn’t create this feature request for that. I want to have more options on my Denon Hardware the same as Pioneer has for years because DJs coming from Pioneer are having a hard time to adjust to Denon because of some simple features. If Denon hears the people that use their decks and adds more features everyone benefits, because Pioneer will finally have competition and Denon will creep back into DJ boots in clubs and that can only be healthy. Late 90s early 2000s you would only see Denon CD players, the rack ones, with the bend buttons :laughing:. Those were kings, I would like to see more diverse hardware in clubs and have a healthy competition between those 2 brands that in the end benefits all of us.

4 Likes

That’s more like it !

That’s fine. We’ll leave it there. I’ll cross my fingers for your feature request. :pray:t2:

1 Like

I have a daily job, a family to care, shopping to do, weekend job and I renovate my house at the moment. Still I am able to mix by ear and with not looking at any display or marker. I can mix vinyl, cd, usb, midi, what ever you give me. I also like scratching and I practice at least 4 times a week (during todays lockdowns). All is possible, just need time management.

1 Like

Hi Noise Riser, I didn’t start a post to ask about your DJ skills/experience, but instead, I would like Denon to add a feature to their software. We will have to agree to disagree and you keep on doing your thing and I’ll do mine. One doesn’t stop the other. I think we can agree that the more/ better features the equipment has the better. Cheers

3 Likes

…and another typical thread for this forum (sadly). User requests a feature (that is common on most competitor’s devices, btw.) and gets talked down by a few who wouldn’t use the feature, anyway.

If you don’t need it and it doesn’t get in your way - why even bother?

5 Likes

Yeah in any discussion there’s a big chance for it to get muddy. I hope it’s still meant as “why would you want it and why would I miss it; let’s discuss this”.

Some requests are fresh ideas, some are more like copy the standard or what everybody is used to. I hope the DenonDJ units become more fresh and copy some useful stuff.

The people I know who own Pioneer will not even change to DenonDJ. Not because they would miss features, but because they only use half of the current Pioneer player features. Why bother changing.

3 Likes

I didn’t say anything that the feature is not welcome or not needed. I just wanted to point out some laziness in people that go so far with the tech (wich I personally love to be as advanced as possible) that they relay on it so hard that they can’t play a decent dj set without any technological help. I am totally with the idea of visual markers, idea is good and welcome. What I am against is that people refer to such things as - You must have it because I always used it and others have it! - bulls**t. I used competitors gear for years and I don’t miss anything they had to offer. Adapt, improve, innovate, not just copy.

ok … now take one step back… ALL OF YOU!!

Realy 'm laughing my ass of here reading all this !!

Did your periods got synced?? If so… do you used the syncbutton or beatmatched it yourself??

Come on guys give it a rest ^^

5 Likes

Laughing my *ss out. :rofl:

I would never use sync, you can beatmatch periods by ear, I learnt it 20 years ago on crappy turntables

1 Like

You gotta be kidding me right? :roll_eyes:

Lighten up buddy, have some fun here, it’s all about positive and constructive vibes here

Good for you m8, i actually let that ship “sync” a while ago.

When ■■■■ hits the fan and those functions fail… real dj’s will survive. it’s like that picture of those Technics 1200’s with the subscript “These days, everyone is a dj, untill you show them a pair of these”

Good and lovely skill to own (doin the very same for 20 years as well)

When will this ever happen or the likelihood?

Most of the time you walk into a venue you will find a device with Sync boldly written on it.

If i happen to walk into a club that have only provided technics or CDJ 200 or those dual denon players in this day and age, then there are bigger problems.

:crazy_face:

I’m talking from an open format perspective.

Worst case scenario have a €200 Numark in my backpack and im good to go. I need all those goodies lol ie Sync, beatgrids and tempo read outs!

2 Likes

Please denon people, introduce memory cues in next engine os firmwares please, are very usefull, with 10 memory cues (and can choose a colour for each memory cue or repeat the colour you want) would be great to add more info to the tracks, and also using denon prime 4 can move with different memory cues using shift+track skip.

Thanks,

2 Likes

As this thread is not in the “feature request zone”, I don’t think it will be considered by Denon DJ.

Maybe you should put your comment and :heart: in the following post: link

Or @Reese could turn this thread into an official new feature request.

Any news on this? I’m torn between a Denon Prime 4, Pioneer XDJ-XZ and just waiting for the next model either brand. My previous DJ software, Traktor, allowed me to create cue points that were not stored as hotcues. This was very useful for finding my way around tracks without using up the few available hot cue pads on my controller. I think this is a very important feature and a valuable tool for any digital DJ.

1 Like

The waveforms are visible and searchable on-screen… Not exactly difficult to navigate around a track without hotcues…

That aside, you can also use loops to store points of interest.

all opinions are valid. In my opinion Denon should provide the modality of the virtual cue or Way points, and only the user chooses what to use. whoever wishes not to use them and learn the entire memory library is fine and whoever wishes to use them have them available in engine p. come on @denondj this may not take much development time, it is something simple.

@kluberboy : rofl… and months later i actually see what you did there with… (shameful by my end… it could’ve been such a beautiful run of puns)

so let’s continue the play please…

“I would never use sync, you can beatmatch periods by ear, I learnt it 20 years ago on crappy turntables”

SPOT ON SIR! BLOODY SPOT ON SIR INDEED!