Live streaming using prime 2

I want to be able to connect to my Mac to use it as the output in the sound preferences to enable me to connect to CLEANFEED

Cleanfeed is the gateway to allow live streaming via an internet radio station

Before I had a Prime 2 I had a Pioneer set up where the Mac / Rekordbox acted as the screen and the controller worked as per normal. The Mac was turned onto the appropriate output channel and this connected to Cleanfeed

I’ve tried using the Prime 2 Mac option via the USB B port to mirror the above. I’m happy to use the screen as the mixing visual but I want to use the controller manually and not the software on the screen. When I connected the only thing I could control was the volume and speaker via the controller. The rest had to be done using the Mac which was very fiddly and nearly impossible even to use the simplest mixing capability

How do I set this up to allow;

1 Clean feed interface 2 Use of the Controller

I sort of need a response so I can play on Saturday night

Cheers

Did you not research what the Prime 2 is, and what it’s capable of, before buying it?

The two modes (standalone and computer/controller) are separate.

Shame. Is there a way around it? Like connecting the EV speaker to the Mac via a sound cloud so it relays the output?

What EV speaker? You’ve not mentioned anything about speakers.

What do you mean by “via a sound cloud”? You’re not providing enough info. If you’re streaming to SoundCloud, the last thing you want is to monitor via the broadcasted stream, because you’ll get a delay.

If you’re wanting to do a live stream with the Prime 2, I’d suggest the easiest way is to use VirtualDJ.

The Prime 2 will act as a controller, you can see the decks and browser on the Prime 2 screen, and all the broadcast stuff is built in to VDJ. No other software required.

try using an iRig 2 and run the booth output into the iRig then into the Mac

this is how I would get a nice clean input directly into my Mac