LC6000 jog wheels not working

Hello, so this is my second night ever using the lc6000 with serato. (Brand new) First night went great. Tonight, after setup was complete. My jog wheels are not responsive at all. Zero scratching/etc. what could be the issue.

I’ve recently sold all my pioneer stuff and switched to the prime series. Please help….

Hello @Djchrislutz17 Welcome to the forum. What do You mean by not responsive? Is it the jog wheel to tight, or is it having a delay in the software? Can You give us a bit more details, and maybe a video of the issue, so we can help You better?

1 Like

We’ll id love to upload the video from last night, but it says new users can’t upload….

I’m running 2019 MacBook/ serato works beautifully. It’s only the lc6000 jog wheels. Almost like they are not responding to me touching it. (I used them on Wednesday night, no problems. Last night, wouldn’t respond proper) today in my house, works fine…

Could it be a grounding issue? Last night I tried different usbs/different power cables/ literally everything. Nothing helped. But today I use the same cables and everything and it works great at my house….

I’m so lost lol

This happens a lot when people get their brand new deck and forget to remove the plastic film on the jog wheel

As @Wyley1 asked - did You removed the plastic sticker off the jog wheel?

Hey @Djchrislutz17 - If you feel this is a hardware issue, we’ll be happy to connect you with technical support. Definitely check that the plastic film is removed. That could interfere with the jog wheel response. Also check that your connections are correct. You can see instructions here: Quick Start Guide | Setting up Serato DJ Pro with Denon DJ's LC6000 PRIME DJ Controller - YouTube

If all else fails, feel free to DM me and we can connect you with a technical support agent.

1 Like

Yes, most likely. Seems your venue has some electrical issues. Next time it happens you can test by holding something grounded with one hand (like metal) and test the jog wheel with the other hand.

Had that issue with multiple venues and controllers but Denon seems to be the most sensitive to that.

1 Like

Lol ya definitely removed the plastic. Been djing 10 years. First thing I did….

1 Like

It happens too often though lol.

I have the 5000m and I never took the plastic film off the screen yet.

I’m having the same issue. Bought 2 LC 6000s. They’re linked to 2 SC 6000Ms. One is fine, right out of the box, scratches and plays ok; the other plays and spins but I can’t interact with it beyond that. I can’t stop the jog wheel or scratch it. I can slow it down or speed it up, spinning it backwards or forwards, that’s the extent of it. I have removed the plastic film and updated software to 2.4 so that’s not the issue. As stated one works fine, the other is as described above. Thanks for your help.

Update: I sent one of my two brand new LC 6000s back to Denon three weeks plus ago per their instructions. I paid to ship it back and packaged it just as I received it or better. The possible it had was It just wouldn’t go into scratch mode. I just bought it brand new and noted that flaw immediately upon unboxing and first use and so never used it because I bought two LC 6000s and had two SC 6000 prior to this so didn’t really need to use it. I now wished I had never sent it back to Denon. My pristine, brand new unit that wouldn’t scratch now looks like I bought it at a scratch and dent garage sale when I opened the box yesterday. The jog wheel is all wonky, wobbly and scratched up. It seems someone sent me an old one, put the label on it and took my new one. This is not shipping either as it was still in the form, foam but the box with the cables was on top of the jog wheel. Even if they sent me a used model at least it should have been better. How do I get my money back? I wanted new so I need to have new. Can anyone here who have had this problem resolved help me with same?

1 Like

Bro sorry to hear/read this. I’m actually looking for a media player like this. How did that issue went? I hope everything went ok. Best Regards.