Issue with x1800 and Serato (1 Channel always "In Use")

Hello all,

I purchased a brand new X1800 with two SC-5000’s in February. I have been playing with them about 3 nights a week and this weekend my X-1800 stopped recognizing one of the channels in Serato. When i plug the mixer in one of the channels always says “In Use”. When I switched out the USB cable it worked for a second but then went right back to saying “In Use”. I did a factory reset and I also did the upgrade to the latest firmware and I still get the error. I almost couldn’t complete my gig this Friday because the mixer went down but luckily I had a old RANE mixer that plugged in and played in Serato (without any problems or adjustments to the settings in Serato).

This is not a software issue and it’s doesn’t matter what USB cable I use (Tried 3) or which one of the 2 USB ports I use on the mixer or MacBook Pro. I always get the same error message.

Can anyone offer any suggestions or has anyone ever experienced something like this?

I need this mixer to work by Friday.

You using DVS or USB on the channel selector knob?

Mojave or Catalina

Im using a Mac Book pro running El Capitan 10.11.16,

I use the mixer in USB mode before and it randomly started doing it and never had a issue before, I have also tried it in DVS mode and the same issue persisted,

Thanks,

Probably a faulty ch selector switch on the mixer that’s stuck in non-usb position. Test with a line/digital signal.

When I go to line ndplay via RCA’s in standalone mode off usb’s it is fine. When I turn it to USB and plug it into Serato it says “In Use”. When I try to flip the channels or re-assign the channels in Serato it flips the “In Use” channel on screen as well.

I’m starting to have a similar issue, out of the blue the sc5k is no longer seeing serato or the x1800 sound card

MBP 16GB 2TB SSD Mojave 10.14.6 SC5000 1.4.0 BETA