Introducing the SoundSwitch Control One - A Professional DMX Lighting Controller for DJs

Can this be connected using the back usb out port on the SC6000 and plugged into this device?

Great idea for those of us who use non Denon mixers & no laptop.

1 Like

Hmmm, is it normal that within 7 days, the current prices are some 30/60 Euro’s higher at some retailers than the stated prices here in this post?

Regards, Jack.

Sounds like some retailers are trying to take advantage of the demand for it. They’re readily available and in stock for immediate pick up here in the U.S.

On another note: The X1850’s are on backorder and some retailers who have a few in stock are trying to get double the average street price for them.

I tried to download the software needed with the Control One but it doesn’t work. I just want to download the software described in the manual of the Control One. When I follow the steps provided by the support:

It guides me to get licenses of SoundSwitch. I got an iLok account but still not possible to download the SW. I don’t want to buy any software nor I don’t want a trial version. Is the SW needed for the Control One just the SoundSwitch Desktop Software and I need to buy extra SW to work with the Control One?

Well you have to choose one or the other. The SoundSwitch software is not free.

The Soundswitch software requires an active license. You can subscribe monthly or yearly, or buy the software for the lifetime of version 2.xx.

You are eligible a 3 months free with the purchase of the hardware.

Is there a step by step description how to set up DMX channels with the Control One? It seems that I cannot use the Control One without SoundSwitch.

Check SoundSwitch’s YouTube page. There’s tons of how-to videos there. Here’ a video I did last year. It’s still relevant in regards to using SoundSwitch.

So in fact I need SoundSwitch to drive Control One, it’s not a stand alone tool! Its not like on a venue to hook up something quickly and run it directly from it.

I have created a tool, I call it Midi Beat Counter, what can be used directly to drive up to 8 scanner, 4 times 4x4 COB’s (used as a very big counter) and a 8 LED Pixel bar. I use it when I am mixing live for fitness events to show where they are in the beat. It can be used also as a MIDI device like a drum pad. The LED switches are pressure sensitive and the encoders sends MIDI statements.

The only bad thing is that it uses MIDI for the clock, therefore I need something what creates the MIDI beat clock, Ableton Live or LINK TO MIDI what hooks up Ableton Link to create the MIDI beat clock in sync (the MIDI beat clock from the X1850 mixer will divert after a wile).

Here some videos: 2 scanner, how to program and run it (it shows also how to change settings during running): MIDI Beat Counter controls 2 Scanner - YouTube 4 x Showtec Pixel Square 16 COB (old version): Beat counter with 4 x Showtec Pixel Square 16 COB - YouTube Beat Counter with Cameo COB LED PIX BAR (old version): Beat Counter with Cameo COB LED PIX BAR - YouTube

MIDI Beat Counter Setup and Menues Part 1: MIDI Beat Counter Setup and Menues Part 1 - YouTube MIDI Beat Counter Setup and Menues Part 2: MIDI Beat Counter Setup and Menues Part 2 - YouTube

I will put the project soon to Github

Are you here asking questions in good faith or to market a tool? The answers to the questions you’re asking can easily be found online on SoundSwitch’s website or YouTube.

1 Like

I don’t want to market anything I will put my project for free on Github. I bought the Control One because the advert said it’s a stand alone tool what doesn’t need a computer but that’s not true, it’s more a interface for SoundSwitch. I tried to download the software described in the manual and on page SoundSwitch - The Best Way to Light your Event (1:1 Hardware Control - download) but it redirects always to SoundSwitch. Furthermore it seems there is no minimal software available to drive the Control One. Without SoundSwitch the Control One is useless, it should be said in the advert.

I guess you missed this part from the first post:

Plug and Play with Engine DJ Hardware

Prefer performing without a computer? Control One is plug and play compatible with Engine DJ hardware running Engine DJ v2.0 or higher. Simply connect Control One to an available USB port on the Engine DJ hardware. Once connected, you’ll have full standalone control over the entire performance environment, music, and lights.

Yeah when I connect the Control One to the SC6000M it will be recognized but how to setup DMX channels without a computer? I have tried to connect a 4x4 COB with base channel 31 but only one LED can be controlled but from the SC6000M.

I have my project now on Github: GitHub - g-zi/beats: BEATS - Beat Couter, MIDI controller and DMX light controller in one

Hey PK. Just to clarify, so I can use the Control One purely running from a 6000? Without an X1800/1850 mixer? Thx!

No you can’t

1 Like

Yes you can, I made a small video with the X1850 mixer off and detached Ethernet from the Player:

The only bad thing is that I cannot select the DMX channels without SoundSwitch software. Don’t take me wrong, it’s a nice piece of hardware and I hoped to control my COB’s with it. All what it needs is something to select the DMX channels, it could be a small program or some subfolders in the very tiny oled display of the Control One. I think the Micro DMX Interface could drive one universe the same way.

well looking at the original question again.

Yes you are correct. Yes you can from A single 6000

But can you use it as designed for a mixed light show with a pair of 6000/5000 with a non x1800/1850 mixer…thats a No.

I don’t think so because it needs only a Ethernet hub to connect between the players, the X1850 is listening to the beat of StagelinQ (from the ethernet connection) to sync the effects.

Update: you can use any mixer, I tried a cheap hub to connect the players and they can talk to each other. Any mixer could be connected to the S/PDIF or analog output of the players.

It might be working, but I think all goes wrong when you play a track on one SC and pre-listen another track on the second SC.

How would it know which track to sync the lightshow to? The fader position on the X18x0 takes care of that, but in your test setup it won’t.

The Control One can be driven only with the player on which it is connected. I cannot test it further because I cannot download SoundSwitch without paying it (I don’t want to subscribe automatically to a monthly plan and I don’t want to buy a full license what is outdated until the next release). It seems it’s not possible to set the DMX channels of the Control One without SoundSwitch. There is no minimal software available to set the DMX channels of the Control One.