I tunes music not transferring over to engine

I bought my engine prime 4 five months ago. Initially the engine software was able to transfer over 400 of my i tunes songs. Now when I hit the ‘Update Library’ key, it looks as though it goes through the process, but none of the new i tunes songs pass over to engine. Has anyone else had this issue, and if so could you please tell me how to rectify it?

1 Like

Are these new songs actual purchases (you paid for each one separately), or are they rented Apple Music downloads? You can’t use Apple Music downloads on anything other than Apple.

If they’re purchases then maybe you could set up a Smart Playlist called (e.g.) New Songs to separate out the songs from those already in Engine Prime, which you could then import manually by drag & drop.

Hello thanks for the quick reply. The songs I am trying to transfer are definitely purchased and downloaded to my laptop. In the advanced settings section within i tunes, the share library xml dialog box is also ticked. I tried creating a new playlist with 8 purchased songs and dragging and dropping but still to no avail.

The songs are in a format supported by Engine Prime and the Prime hardware?

Please read the manual (pdf) or look at the videos.

Once the itune library update is done, you have to select your playlist/album… right-click on it and select « add to collection » or into crates or into playlists in order to use them in Engine.