How to achieve a longer echo tail, and modulate it by filter & sweep effects

I (still) do not own an X1800, but a few days ago I tested one for some time. In my mixes use echo A LOT, and I really miss the functionality explained in the title.

It would be so great to be able to achieve much longer echo tails, by setting the feedback to a higher value than -3dB (which is the maximum value currently available)! (btw, to achieve an infinitely long echo decay, like a loop). Moreover, it would be fantastic if I could “modulate” this echo tail by moving the filter/sweep effect knobs. Currently I can do this using Roland’s DJ-808 in Serato and I love this functionality, but with the X1800 I think I can’t do this even if I plug an RMX1000 to the send/return… so I will have to think how can I achieve it.

Could this feature be added in a future firmware update?

2 Likes

For the record and if it helps for Denon to know, I’m in the same situation.

In my case I’m coming from Traktor, and I love to keep long delay tails, almost like a pad blending with the other tracks. Unless I’m missing anything, I can’t do this with the X1800 - I’m missing a good delay FX in the X1800.

We have “echo”, but the tail is way too short. I can use it to build some tension before a drop, but not to keep a track in that “dreamy” state while blending with everything else that I’d like to achieve. We also have “hall reverb” (I’m not sure about the name) which has an infinite tail, but does not work as I’d like either (probably because I don’t understand the FX properly).

Although there are so many firmware update requests, I’d also like some more flexibility on the current FXs. If the final goal of the Prime system is to put the laptop away, I think that is not being achieved for the effects… In terms of FXs the X1800 feels like a very oldschool mixer. The flexibility and options that you have in Traktor or Serato I think it’s simply not there, unless I’m really bad using the X1800.

1 Like

Agree it would be great to be able to have more control over the FX within the mixer menu!

1 Like

I mentioned this somewhere before that a utility where users can customize their mixer and load settings to the mixer would be amazing. Not all of this needs to be done live and on the mixer in my opinion.

1 Like

Probably not what you want to hear but I’d consider adding a Korg kp3+ to the send and return of your mixer for lots of echo out options. I’m totally dependent on my Korg unit and won’t buy a mixer without proper assignable send and return. It’s sad that there are so few options. What I’d really like is to be able to buy a controller with send and return. If they took the X1800 soundcard and put it into the MC4000, I’d probably be willing to drop a grand on it without question.

Please Denon Team add a longer (mucho longer) echo tail :pray: :pray:

I would play around with Echo Hold - it is a very cool effect (ECHO LOOP on old denon devices). First it echoes, and when wet/dry is at 100% it loops infinitely. Then You can play around with it as much as You want.

1 Like