Hard time understanding Library Management (rekordbox combined with Engine DJ)

I say “yes” when inserting rekordbox exported drives and it works very well. I’m curious why you’re suggesting this, does it not work for you?

Or are you saying if you have a rekordbox library on a drive that hasn’t been exported to that drive, then say “no”?

There is a feature suggestion section on the forum.

Check if there are threads requesting same as you and vote.

or start a new one.

As @drewbeck is implying

• Rekordbox Export drives = Engine devices and Engine desktop can import/convert it

• Rekordbox Library on external drive = you need engine desktop to convert that.

• Rekordbox library on external storage (with auto export enabled in rekordbox) = engine dj and engine os compatible

Only XML is created

Your media files are where you have them.

I just tested it now with a usb drive rekordbox library (fat32)

the 6000m imported it with no problem

1 Like

I do things differently.

I use my iPhone and iPad to purchase my music via Apple Music and manage it with rekordbox app.

The rekordbox app manages my music and prepares my USB sticks.

Then I take the USB sticks plug em into my denon deck and say no to import.

Then I play away.

I used the engine desktop to convert my Traktor collection and to once in awhile update the Engine collection.

1 Like

@r2square - You seem to support the general idea of importing songs into the library on the devices themselves. There is already a New Feature Request for this. You might want to go and vote on it then.

Cheers

1 Like

I just did: https://community.enginedj.com/t/batch-analyze-entire-drive-engine-dj-os/36901/3?u=r2square

1 Like