Feature Requests - What would You like to see?

If Denon want to sell alot of prime gear, there has to be an easy way to transfer cues hot cues and loops from Rekordbox.

1 Like

There’s a lot of discussion since the last couple of trade shows like Musikmesse etc that Rekordbuddys latest version will convert rekordbox libraries (cues, loops etc) to Engine Prime format.

That’ll be great !

2 Likes

Tight integration with MPC Live like the competition and their performance sampler.

1 Like

I would prefer to have the option to filter my tracks about the Stars rating (1-5 Stars). My wish for the DN-X 1800 is to have more FX! In one Video from the Namm Show, I heard the rumor that it will be possible to upgrade the Beat Effects. So I miss the following FX on the Mixer:

1. Crush/Destortion
  2. Spiral (up&down)
  3. Noise Plus
  4. Time Freeze
  5. Helix

Thanks in advance.

I would like to have the option to filter about the stars rating! Furthermore for the DN-X1800 I would like to have the possibility to upgrade the FX section! Because I miss the following FX:

1. Crush
  2. Spiral
  3. Time Freeze
1 Like

+1 for this, Engine 1.0.1 ios app needs a update

They do have it, they purchased the Elastique plugin for use on the SC5000, there’s a video on youtube with a demonstration how it sounds at extreme ends (-/+50%).

Found it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzDgkL9L464

The other bit to PnT I mean! The key changing

I bet we’ll see a key sync feature within short time.

Is there a Fwd/Reverse Switch on these units or am I missing something

There is a Reverse function Hold shift and press the Censor button. Press it again to re-engage Forward

1 Like

Here’s another feature suggestion: It would be cool to have the option for an additional moving waveform in the jog center display. Then people could have a (relatively) zoomed out moving waveform (main display) to see what’s happening next in the track + a zoomed in / detailed waveform (jog center display) to set cue points or find the right spot that you wanna scratch…

1 Like

I’m sure someone has said this, but I’m not going to scroll through the comments to be sure.

PHASE METER LIKE ON THE NXS2 UNITS! Stacked waveforms >>>>>> everything else, and the Phase Meter like on the NXS2’s are the closest you’re going to get to a stacked waveform a la Serato.

1 Like

Yes… it’s got phase meter.

4 non-highlighted bars with the bar that the music has reached, highlighted.

Also, the beatgrids are numbered.

1 Like

I’d say those little LED arrows left of the pitch slider (top and bottom) act like a phase meter, but in a more intuitive way :slight_smile:

would love to see either some sort of global font size option OR most preferably the ability to see full track titles at a glance rather than doing any sort of long presses or waiting for the track title to scroll for each individual track. This is so crucial for DJs such as myself that are posed with lightning fast quick mixes. Losing time to “view more info” on tracks when you have a split second to drop the next track in your mix can feel devastating. For example: "John Doe - This Is Jack House (Dominic Carter Bootleg Remix) (Extended - Dirty) … In this particular situation it is key to play the right version if you have a few different versions of the track in the same playlist. Radio Edit, Dirty, Intro based version, extended mix, or one of 5 different remixes. That extra bit of information being seen right then and there opposed to having to view more etc would be great. Since it’s not on a laptop we won’t be able to also see 25-50 tracks at a time. Seeing as much track information at a glance or multiple t racks for me , helps my brain remember what to & what not to play.

1 Like

The hold for a second or two is probably the best all round solution.

Screen size and it’s real-estate usage comes up with every player, every software “DJ” program, every iPod etc. Sometimes it seems even a 60inch curved 4K screen would t be large enough for some :nerd_face: Smaller text would allow more track info, longer track names etc, but some tracks would still need some kind of “see more” option eg: say you shrunk the font and got 64 characters on screen … what happens with a 70 char title? Or an 80? Or bigger? You’d still need that “see more” function. Wherever the “line” is drawn there’ll be some track info the other side of that line, proportionately.

Some will know their music collection well enough to identify a track from the standard display, others will add a 1,2 or 3 in front of their track names to tell the difference instantly.

What’s “better” for one, may be sacrificing the workflow of one dozen.

So… a hard change isn’t perhaps something that could be considered perfect.

A preset font change, where people can choose their best font would help, as that preference would be stored with the users other SC5000 preferences on their media.

Whilst a two second hold is nothing negative in a workflow (and yes I’m a working mobile DJ with last moment changes to the next song) maybe there’s a better option…

We know that the sc5000 touch screen supports gesture control eg: swipe left, swipe right etc… so … at a guess… thinking that double-tap may be an available recognisable gesture. In which case perhaps “double tap to access full screen track details of the double tapped track” would be a great additional solution.

How does that sound?

1 Like

This is what I meant when I said a phase meter like the NXS2.

2 Likes

Yep, I know.

The Denon has the coarse 4 bar count to see you are mixing downbeat with downbeat. And the green arrows will (most likely) light up in the direction that you need to move the pitch fader in order to make the finer adjustments to tempo.

I think that is way more practical and intuitive then Pioneer’s approach.

1 Like

I disagree because the Pioneer approach reminds me of Serato, which I prefer over any other piece of professional software (I’ve used the big three all in live situations).

I haven’t heard anything official either way, but I would strongly suspect the arrows by the pitch fader are for soft takeovers - getting the fader back where it needs to be when switching between the two decks. That’s what they are for on controllers that have them. I would be surprised if they had anything to do with beatmatching.