Fat, 4gb file size limitation

In my opinion, it doesn’t have to be about 1000 or 2000 euros comparison. The difference is there, of course, in the way each components is put together and what hardware and software capabilities it can offer. Ultimately, it is the user who decide what is appropriate for his job and is a personal preference. In my opinion, every product should be as good as it can be and should function flawlessly. But again, we are living in the era of consumarism and profits and the user preferences are not always important for manufacturers. The “clever” term is relative here, because what is considered clever by someone could be considered not so clever or not important by someone else because someone else simply wants the gears for a certain feature or for a certain job.

In my opinion, someone who wants a Prime 4 or a SC5000 or a X1800 would buy the gear simply because he wants it, he needs it or some other reason and would not choose the MCX8000 simply because it is cheaper.

Exactly…

Customer “I want something that’ll let me use a very very large database of analyses tracks please”

Shop keeper “of course sir. Well that rules out the 800 Euro one, the 1100 Euro one and the 1300 Euro one”

You get what you pay for

You seem to forget that the 8000 was once Denon’s top controller - hence my statement earlier “so late in the game”. Had this issue been realised when the 8000 was released your statement would hold no weight at all. I honestly don’t need you to tell me I get what I pay for, at the time I purchased the best that Denon had!

This exactly why I don’t add any music thats on my computer to Engine. I have all my music laid out in folders on my drive exactly the way that I want it before adding, this eliminates he crappy letter index system. Anyway, the fact is that I feel that this particular issue should be made a ‘sticky’ of some sort so guys like me, can be made aware of the fact that even though the 8000 can handle 100K tracks, the database can only accommodate 30K. Had I known this from the start, I would’ve bought 2 x 250gb ssd’s and split my library.

Hello I use a very big data base. I use a 5tb Lacie rugged drive and it is formatted in exfat. I haven’t had any major issues in using the engine software. The only issue is to analyze and update, it takes a very long time compared to Serato dj.

If you’re using Engine Prime software with Prime 4 or SC5000 you won’t encounter the issues laid out above, because your hardware has ex-FAT filesystem support.

with supporting the mcx8000 for extFat the problem is solved, it is the simplest solution and the mcx can handle it only the good will of denon is needed

regards

Well said - Denon are you listening??