Engine Prime won't open

I have been using the software for roughly a week now, even since my Prime 4 arrived. Only a few hours ago, I was still using the software but now I cant open the program at all. It just opens to a white screen and isn’t responding whatsoever?

Does anyone have any idea as to why this problem has popped up all of a sudden? I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the program but the same issue is still happening :frowning:

Firstly i would make a backup of your Engine Library, if you are using an external drive then it will be in a folder called Engine Library.

Uninstall the software again and ensure that you delete all instances of Engine [excluding your backup], if Windows based there will be Engine library folders in your Music folder.

Try reinstalling the software and see what happens.

Hi Revan,

I attempted this but the problem is still persistent… I’ve tried multiple things like making sure I only have 1 monitor plugged in, uninstall/reinstall, deleting my library folders incase of a corrupt file etc

Just a bit unsure what changed between being on the program and coming back to it an hour later.

This happened to me in the past and it was a PITA resorting to me reinstalling Windows although i would not condone doing that :slight_smile:

If you are running Windows look at your system restore points and restore to a time previous to this happening, you can always revert back to your current state if the system restore behaves badly.

Unfortunately the system restore didn’t appear to work :frowning:

I really don’t want to reinstall windows, that shouldn’t be a needed thing for a program that was working this morning :frowning:

Have you tried installing an older version then upgrading to 1.5 through say 1.3.4?

Yeah the same problem persists :frowning: I’ve tried multiple versions now but still no luck… I’m going to try a different graphics card tomorrow as the program seems to be quite intensive on my 1060 for some reason.

It wouldn’t be so annoying if I hadn’t literally been using it every day for the past week :frowning:

I presume you are running dual GFX cards, do you know you can tell Windows to use whatever GFX processor you want, i don’t think it will make a difference but you could give it a try.

I am not, just a single 1060 but I have a spare laying around which after switching them over, hasn’t solved the issue.

Man i feel your pain having been there, the only other thing i can think of is to try and create another profile and install to that see what happens, perhaps a registry clean wouldn’t go amiss.

I really don’t know what else to suggest, perhaps another user can chip in.

Thank you for trying to help though, I will test a new user profile after work and see how that goes.

EDIT: After the above advice, I made a new user profile. This allowed me to install the program and open it. Ended up doing a back up and pc format, now the program works on my user profile.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.