Engine Prime v1.3.2 Now Available!

Ultimately, I think people are just looking a gift horse in the mouth, cause some of the refinements and new features aren’t always containing the features that they wanted.

When it gets to a point that denon say, that the next update, be it in 2020, 2021, 2025, 2030, whenever is the very last one, I really don’t care in what order the free goodies get given to us.

Some people want feature “M”, others want feature “F”, others want feature “Q”, some want all three and more. Some will claim to have interviewed half the worlds DJs and quote that all of them agree with feature “C” being the most important. Some will call their feature requests “the basics” to try to gain some stomp.

It’s all good. We’ve been told that development is still ongoing, and we’ve no reason to think to the contrary. Also, in true prime speciality, as more and more features get made available to us on the players themselves, like analysis, playlist creation, tag / star editing, beat grid editing, crate management and all that, the less we may need engine Prime for anyway, for some.

Are you serious about the request?

Hey car manufacturer, I know my way home from work and to the grocery shop. I can feel the speed my car is moving at by sticking my hands out through the window. I can tell the time by checking the sun dial.

Please remove the Sat Nav & display cluster.

Well, it’s not a gift horse by a long shot, as the cost of software development is most definitively included in the selling price of the hardware units. And while they are very competitive as it is, it’s still not free. You see, it has to be included… Otherwise DenonDJ would be going out of business really soon. It’s simple economics.

Now, regarding the horse, you seem to forget that this horse sometimes appear to have come with only 3 of 4 good legs, making it less than ideal for earning your bread at the farm. I’m retired and do not need to rely on this horse to earn my dime, but then again, I feel the other professional DJs pain and understand how frustrated and nervous they may feel, not knowing when the next non expected behaviour will creep in after an update.

I was using the term in its phraseology sense, not a financial sense. Eg: some people are dissing enhancements which aren’t on their “I can’t DJ / live / breathe…” without the feature I voted for etc

1 Like

Happy to confirm that 1.3.3 fixed the problem I reported on one of my posts above and that I can now use USB flash drives packed with either EP 1.3.1, or EP 1.3.3. May EP 1.3.2 rest in peace!

1 Like