Engine Prime v1.3.2 Now Available!

Thanks @SirReal for the info especially on Mac which is what I’m running. Good to hear of positive findings!

1 Like

Yes, I re-analysed some troubled tracks, and they now have accurate BPM’s! Those were tracks with high BPM’s that got analysed wrongly. Looks like @JWiLL and the rest of the team did a good job.

4 Likes

I am very new to engine prime been using for about 2 weeks, i done the update as requested last night and i cant do anything now !! It will not let me drag files from crate to crate, i can not even double click a track to load in the player. Nothing is working. I will try to go back to the last update and hope everything is ok !

Having most of the same problems !

HI everybody, I’ve found !!!

You must update Mac OsX to 10.14.6
If you’re in 10.13 or 10.14.3 and so on… EP won’t work correctly.

OUPS ! ANOTHER BIG PROBLEM METADATA IS CORRUPTED IN UPDATING WAIT WAIT WAIT before updating in 1.3.2 There is too much bugs in this release. Now that I use it, randomly it corrupts the BPM database and some of your cue points, and the new one are not saved.

Stay in 1.3.1 until it is debugged.

1 Like

You know something… yesterday you too were claiming bugs bugs bugs and you then found out it was your old version of Mac OS that needed updating and it cured what you were calling bugs.

Maybe by tomorrow you’ll have made the changes to your own computer to fix the things you’re claiming as bugs today

If they are any real bugs it would help everyone if you report new bugs on their own separate proper bug report instead of jumping on an existing topic to mention a new bug

But it is good if you To at least try it and test it. If everyone sat back for 6 months after a software or firmware launcher to see what bugs everyone else had, no feedback would ever get to the right team

1 Like

I am in 10.12 and is working fine!!!

The reason I liked your post, was that you first wrote you found a solution to the issue - but after that you have edited your post, and I cant remove my like.

I have no problems with the 1.3.2 myself this far.

Like Julianus said, if you find bugs, please report them the proper place :slight_smile: Hope you find a new solution to your issue as it works with others with older OS versions.

I’m on macOS 10.14.6 and had no trouble updating to, nor using the new EP 1.3.2. Reanalyzed all my files and “packed” them to a USB 3.0 flash drive just fine.

But it wasn’t an old version ! 10.14.3 is not an old version.

1 Like

Mac os 10.12.6

15in mid 2019 mbp

Eninge won’t open, quits unexpectedly

Hi @Wyley1, do you have any media devices connected to your computer?

Do you see the splash screen and then the application quits?

Hello

The prime 1.3.2 engine when connecting a usb to the hub port of the mcx 8000 says that the memory has an unsupported format and identifies it with a strange name, if I connect it directly to the PC everything works fine, it is the only problem that I have had (which is not a serious problem) I have windows 10 with the latest updates

regards

Nothing connected, just power cord.

The underlying BPM algorithm unfortunately remains unchanged.

In this version they added the hack where if there is a BPM value in the ID3 tags it will use that as a guideline for analysis.

My guess is the incorrect ones you had didn’t have BPM in a tag.

I’m thinking that the bpm detection is better than previous. I set up a usb stick with 300 tracks on it which I knew had some tracks which previous hadn’t bpm’d Too well.

The ones I’ve tried worked better today with loops and similar than they did before. I checked their meta tag data and they don’t have bpm data on the raw tracks.

Whether it’s new algorithms or it’s some frequency banding or filter hi/low frequency band pass that’s allowing prime to focus on the bass, I don’t know but somethings improved the bpm detection.

Does the app crash or do nothing at all when you run the application?

Is it possible that security preferences may be blocking the application?

Does Engine Prime v1.3.1 open without issue?

Engine start loading but then a pop up window appears “Engine Prime quit unexpectedly. ignore, report, reopen”

I’ll try your suggestions when I get home.

Hi Will, I install the new version and notice that it has improved with the BPM but still has a problem. I selected some tracks that gave me a problem with BPM with ENGINE PRIME 1.31 and reanalyzed them with 1.32 and the following problems. As I had a problem I did a control test, on a new laptop I installed the new version of ENGINE PRIME, download the music directly from apple music (download 5 files) and several of those files gave an erroneous BPM. The funny thing is that the ENGINE 1.5.2 algorithm (not the PRIME) calculates the BPM perfectly. Please do the test with the track “Anuel AA, Daddy Yankee, Karol G, Ozuna & J Balvin - China”, ENGINE PRIME calculates the BPM at 140, and ENGINE 1.5.2 calculates it at 105 and is correct.

I posted about why this still happens a few posts above yours, take a read :slight_smile: