Engine OS v1.6.1 Now Available!

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note to let you know that Engine OS v1.6.1 is now available. This incremental update addresses a few issues and adds the ability to update the hardware OTA via an internet connection. Here are the release notes.

New Features:

• Added OTA (over-the-air) updating for device software and firmware. From version 1.6.1 and onward, users can download and install updates on the device directly via Wi-Fi / Ethernet connection. OTA updates require v1.6.0 or higher. This feature will go live later this week.

Fixes and Improvements:

• Fixed an issue where 32-bit WAV files would not load
  • Fixed an issue where VU meters would show the incorrect level (PRIME 2)
  • Fixed an issue where downgrading from 1.6.0 to a previous version could result in unexpected performance pad color (PRIME 4, PRIME 2, PRIME GO)
  • Other various stability enhancements & improvements

Note: It is important to first update to v1.6.1 before downgrading to previous versions. Downgrading directly from 1.6.0 may result in unexpected performance pad color.

Download Engine OS v1.6.1

13 Likes

With the OTA updates, will the device check at boot for updates and indicate to the user that an update is available? I’m used to this happening with VirtualDJ, and think it’s a good feature.

This is great news. OTA update system is very convenient. With Prime 2 VU meter fix my only wish is to reorder tempo information in horizontal view :slightly_smiling_face:

Unfortunately the issue still persists.

Yes, there is a notification if the system can access the internet.

Sorry, I’m not sure of what you mean by this. Could you provide more detail? I’ll be happy to look into it.

I’ve read posts that it is fixed on the 5000M. Not yet on the 6000M. @mufasa, care to check?

The non-M’s didn’t have the problem anymore with release.

I can check the 5000m but not the 6000m till Friday

Reese, i have the 5000Ms - and the led lights at the front of the units are still out.

However, like the 1.6 update, once you do the initial update the lights will illuminate until you reboot the unit.

@JWiLL Firmware 1.6 the LED lights at the front of the unit for the USB/SD ports stopped working after the update,

2 Likes

Hi @kradcliffe & @Revan - Thanks for letting me know. I have informed our Dev team of the issue and pointed them to the forum report. I’ll circle back on that thread once I have more information. Sorry for the trouble!

1 Like

I can confirm the front LED lights work on the SC6000Ms on 1.6.1, albeit only for standalone mode. Not sure if this was ever a feature / issue for computer mode, but they do not light up in that mode when connected to Serato.

Love the OTA updating. Worked flawlessly. Friday night, did a 6-Hour gig using the Prime 4, Soundswitch, and Tidal (to play the occasional track not in my library) . I’m totally in love with the setup. Denon HAS changed the game!

1 Like

Am I the only having issues after the update installation on my Prime4? I installed the new update on my Prime 4 via USB from 1.6 to 1.6.1 When the update was done I could not read the music on my Prime 4, but it was visible on the Engine software on my computer. So I deleted everything on the hard drive installed in my Prime 4 and transferred all the music back to it. Once the sync was completed, I took it for a test. After disconnecting my unit from power and reconnecting it again at a different location to test with speakers, I turned on the unit and NOTHING! The screen was just black with the Engine Prime name on it, but no music, no lights, nothing… it stayed like that for a while. So I turned it off and back on by pushing the On/Off botton, nothing still, disconnected the unit again and turned it back on, nothing… So I pressed the on/off botton for several seconds and only then I was able to make it operational again. I don’t want to have this happen on a gig, so I’m switching back to 6.0

Nothing changes back to 1.6.0.

Many problems occur when using the console’s internal HD / SSD. Try removing your internal HD, then put your music on a USB stick and use that. So you will see if it works regularly.