Just a quick note to let you know that Engine OS v1.6.1 is now available. This incremental update addresses a few issues and adds the ability to update the hardware OTA via an internet connection. Here are the release notes.
- Added OTA (over-the-air) updating for device software and firmware. From version 1.6.1 and onward, users can download and install updates on the device directly via Wi-Fi / Ethernet connection. OTA updates require v1.6.0 or higher. This feature will go live later this week.
Fixes and Improvements:
- Fixed an issue where 32-bit WAV files would not load
- Fixed an issue where VU meters would show the incorrect level (PRIME 2)
- Fixed an issue where downgrading from 1.6.0 to a previous version could result in unexpected performance pad color (PRIME 4, PRIME 2, PRIME GO)
- Other various stability enhancements & improvements
Note: It is important to first update to v1.6.1 before downgrading to previous versions. Downgrading directly from 1.6.0 may result in unexpected performance pad color.