Engine DJ v2.0 Now Available - Engine Lighting, Ableton Link, New Database, Plus More!

The problem is that the Prime hardware has no way of knowing what lights you’re using, so what channels to assign etc.

That part has to be done on the computer (at the moment anyway).

It’s a little more plug & play with Hue lights, because they’re simpler than DMX equipment.

That would be really clever… Numark would be every newbie DJs route to Engine / Denon gear etc

Hey @dj_chris

Maybe this video will help clarify things for DMX lights:

And this one for Hue:

And this page: Engine Lighting by SoundSwitch | Engine DJ

1 Like

Prime hardware works with embedded lighting software now. I think thit software is doing the job throught prime.i just checked this soundswitch micro DMX USB to XLR cable. If you see the engine 2 announcement says controlling your light with no laptop need it.

Well there’s nothing anywhere to suggest that this is the last ever update, or the last but one update, or last but two updates etc etc - so , it’s just a case of wait and see. Everything (and there’s a lot) that this update has put into Engine Prime software is of benefit to all Primes, Go included

Thank you Addie. Very helpful videos.

1 Like

I just checked abelton link (wifi) with Traktor and it seems to work pretty well. Enough for me to play around with it more at least.

1 Like

Is there any other dongle that would work? My DMX lights use LAN cables to transfer DMX data.

@Jeni Currenly only SoundSwitch Micro or Box One DMX Interface. Others might follow in a future release

You can adjust the text size in the library, just tap the list icon above the track list. It’s the icon next to the edit icon.

1 Like

R.I.P. MCX8000 support. I said the other day it would probably happen, though I did not expect it to be so fast.

Don’t be too much of a stranger. The forum needs more honest people like yourself.

Best of luck with VDJ :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes but it’s not entirely standalone. You need to use the SoundSwitch software to set it up.

See Mojaxx review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNVuKNvzre0

Yeah, that was the point I was making when I said one of the two small issues I had with the players had been fixed. Never been a problem really, just two little things I wanted to see changed and glad one of them has been.

Brilliant update on what I think were already the best media players on the market anyway.

Also, smaller waveforms are also a nice touch. Easier on the eye.

1 Like

Haven’t downloaded 2.0 yet as a bit concerned about the missing crate issues. Looks like a great update for many, though most new features don’t appeal to me. Streaming is just not my thing (I love ZipDJ & that covers all my needs) and whilst Engine Lighting looks good, it isn’t for me. I find DMX is too much as I focus purely on my mixing & music but I guess the Soundswitch automated light shows do sound good because they’re matched to the beat grid. Master/slave & light to sound is generally good enough for me but it will be nice to know if any Soundswitch users notice much difference between the two? Enough to justify a subscription or an outright software purchase?

I’m pleased about the improved DB - speed, reliability & stability. The UI looks nicer as per the videos I’ve seen but I’m in no immediate hurry to update because there isn’t too much new for me personally.

Can anyone confirm whether the bug has been fixed regarding the input/channel LEDs actually increasing when you turn DOWN the EQ knobs? This issue has been well documented & the only workaround as I understand was to switch the setting from ISOLATE to NORMAL. Issues like this are far more important than some superficial stuff IMO.

2 Likes

I was having a bad week, first someone dents and scrapes my car while parked in a secure car park.

Then my damn kitchen roof started leaking but then…Engine 2.0 was released…this has saved my week from being a total washout.

As soon as I read about it and what it offers…I got goosebumps and felt a slight tingly sensation in little SunnyJ. :wink:

Spent this evening updating my prime 4 and Go. Man I love the UI and the fact you can now preview streamed tracks and prepare them into playlists on the fly is amazing. I can now finally get the Akai MPC too. Great work Denon! You are really delivering :+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

which device?

Oops, apologies. Prime 4.

Welcome to Denon world. Useless gadgets are more important than customers requests. Next update, after philips lamps that we don’t give a sh…, you’ll be able to prepare your coffee with a 800€ special dongle and Nespresso software.

2 Likes

Hi, are the playlist dynamic now? It was a 2 year old requests, Hope Is finally here! Thanks

Milky with two sugars please

2 Likes