Engine DJ v2.0 Now Available - Engine Lighting, Ableton Link, New Database, Plus More!

One way to do it would be to find an old iOS iPod Touch, iPad or iPhone device that you may have in a drawer and get the free Link to MIDI app ‎Link to MIDI on the App Store

You will need to connect the Apple device running iOS 8.0 via USB (camera kit) but it will give you a MIDI clock to Link connection. It can give any MIDI device a new life with Link.

1 Like

Like I said I have limited knowledge of Live and Link but I was under the impression the V10 had some Link functionality but I could be confusing that with RB 6 performance mode which does have it and the V10 unlocks it.

Oof, that’s convoluted, pass. I’m and Windows and Android guy anyway so no spare iOS or Apple devices of any kind.

are you referring to the v10 pro-dj-link function…i believe thats pioneer exclusive…it sends data to connected cdjs

same as engine dj —staglinq/engine connect that sends similar data over network cable to denon dj prime devices (minus LC6000)

ableton link sends bpm/grid info via wireless or wired network to any other devices that have ableton link support

Yeah, Pioneer’s Pro DJ Link is nothing to do with Ableton Link.

Here’s a list of Link enabled software and hardware.

Nope, RB 6 has Link built in, not sure about their newest hardware, I will need to research…

Regardless, happy for those of you who use devices that will benefit from this feature!

Yes, I’m aware of that, RB 6 has Ableton Link though in addition to Pro DJ Link.

explained

Here is an app that turns Ableton link to MIDI over USB for Android. It seems to cost $2.99 https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.planeth.linktomidi&hl=en_US&gl=US

Here is their website: Link to MIDI Bridge for Android | PLANET-H.COM

1 Like

Really pleased that this has dropped. But…

Is there ever going to be an update for the GO that allows Cue levels to be viewed using the existing VU meters?

It’s the biggest feature request for the GO on the forums - just a reply from Denon would be nice.:slight_smile:

Sebastien Leger on Twitch now (Beatport channel) all Linked up.

EDIT oh well it’s finished now. 90 mins of Mr Leger which will hopefully be on YouTube later.

will it hurt to give us a link (pun intended)

:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Looks like a good update so far. My deck feels like I just bought it and now have to learn the new ropes. :laughing:

3 Likes

The only two small issues I have with these players are not being able to adjust the LED brightness on platters and library text being too large. Happy one of them have been fixed at least. Might get the former on the next update :crossed_fingers:t2:Then these players will be absolutely perfect in my opinion

1 Like

Looks like numark will have engine enabled media players. Probably Stanton might has an engine turntable in the works too. :grin:

Looks good but now you cannot (or at least I cannot) readily see how to make playlist on my prime go from my history without switching the view which you did not need to do before, not sure why this feature has been changed. It would also be helpful now that the playlist and crates are in the same folders if you could colour code to know which are crates and playlists as in the middle of the mix it is possible to forget.

In terms of Tidal great that you can preview but still no BPM on screen (for songs not already used) like Beatport, I was hoping if you previewed the track it would then show the BPM not sure if this can be added later but would be helpful and would make for a better work flow to organise the playlist as you would with local files.

2 Likes

Amazing upgrade. Do I need a wireless Blackbox to connect prime 4 with moving heads?

You need a SoundSwitch USB dongle, and also the SoundSwitch software on your computer to set up the config of your lights. The config then needs to be exported to the hardware.

Thank you but as the advertise say… without the use of laptop. So I understood that I can use direct a dongle or black box with lights and prime 4. Not possible this? I just checked the light menu on prime 4 and seems that no other software or file must be used.