Engine DJ not starting on my Windows 10 computer

I tried to update my Engine Prime software to the new Engine DJ 2.0 but it didn’t load., Stops mid way while loading and then disappears. Not sure why this is happening. Is it because i’m using an ultrawide monitor ? i tried changing the screen resolution, scaling and all those settings but still facing issues. Ive updated my controller via web through the controller WIFI and it was successfully able to update it to Engine DJ 2.0

Could you guys look into this and why this is happening ? Earlier i thought it was my OS. Ive updated my O.S as well . But still not able to fix this.

2 Likes

I am having the same problem with my windows 10 laptop. Are they looking into this problem. There are many users that are having this issue. We just don’t know where to go to report this problem, because they don’t have anywhere on enginedj website to report problems.

Thanks, Roosevelt

I don’t know where this is going ? Tried couple of solutions that worked with others like deleting th database and restoring it again and reinstalling 2.0. Didn’t work for me though. Another guy mentioned uninstalling all hardware drivers and installing them one by one manually. Need to try this.

Please let me know how that play out. I just don’t understand why no one from Denondj have reply to this post.

Hi guys, got the same issue on my Windows 10 PC. Black popup with progress bar appears for a second then vanishes and nothing happens. Sometimes my F-Secure virus protection blocks unknown programs so I set Engine DJ as an exception. Did not help either. Updating the players via WIFI was smooth and easy, also the software installation finished without any problems. But it just won‘t start. At least I am not the only one with this issue. C‘mon Denon, tell us how to fix it, I want to use these new features this weekend! Cheers, Simon

2 Likes

Same issue here. I just installed 2.0, thought it will update my current 1.6.2. Now I’m not sure about OS update…

I’m having exact same problem tried everything even reinstalled windows but nothing fixes it

Guys i have rolled back my controller as well as my computer software to older version Engine 1.6. I guess we’ll have to just wait till the stable Engine DJ 2.0 releases out for the windows version. I’m sure the denon team is working on that. As much as i love the denon hardware, the software side of it is just too bad. //Sad but true//

How do you unistall engine os from the controller? Its seem like we have to go back to the version before the 2.0.

I believe it can be done using Update menu and old version of firmware on the USB stick. But I will wait for Engine DJ fix. I really like Engine OS 2.0. P.S. I think we should submit a bug report about that. It’s really annoying.

just download the setup file from the Engine DJ website( downloads section) and connect your computer to th laptop and update it

Anyone had any luck with this yet ? I’ve tried everything to get it to work but nothing has

Hi All, happy to help and look into this. I am consulting with our technical support team and should have an answer soon.

Nonetheless, some simple troubleshooting tips you can consider is making sure that your system meets the requirements for Engine DJ 2.0.

Windows User:

• Version: Windows 10 64-bit
  • Processor: i5 2.0Ghz or faster
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM or more
  • Video Card: Intel HD Graphics or better
  • Sound Interface: DirectX Compatible interface
  • Free space: 150 Mb available for application

Note: Users of Windows 10 need to make sure they have all the latest patches installed via Windows Update.

Mac Users:

• Version: macOS 10.14, 10.15 or 11
  • Processor: i5 2.0Ghz or faster, Apple M1
  • Memory: 4 Gb RAM or more
  • Video Card: Intel HD Graphics or better
  • Sound Interface: Internal sound card or Core Audio compatible interface
  • Free space: 150 Mb available for application

If you’re still experiencing issues opening Engine DJ, feel free to DM me and we’ll have a team member take a closer look.

I just started having the same problem. The odd part is that I installed Engine DJ 2 a few days ago. It worked fine at first and I even did a gig on the weekend with music I’d added to my Engine 2.0 library and exported to my gear that’s also been updated to version 2. Everything has worked fine until today.

Now I go to open it today and it won’t start. I get the loading screen appear as shown below. After a second or 2 it vanishes and nothing further happens. I’ve opened task manager and there is nothing in apps or background processes to indicate that it ever opened. I’ve restarted my computer and tried running it in administrator mode with the same results. I also ran the Engine 2.0 installer and used the repair install option which didn’t fix it.

Engine DJ initialising

An additional note. The only thing I can think of that changed is that Windows installed an update over night. I’m not sure if that would have anything to do with it but I just thought of that when I noticed “make sure they have all the latest patches installed via Windows Update” as a suggestion.

Another update. I did a system restore to revert windows back to before the last windows update and now Engine works again. So it seems the fault was Microsoft’s and perhaps you should hold off on any windows updates at the moment.

The specific update that messed up Engine is this one https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/october-12-2021-kb5006670-os-builds-19041-1288-19042-1288-and-19043-1288-8902fc49-af79-4b1a-99c4-f74ca886cd95

2 Likes

For me Engine does not work without this update. I believe that the issue is more complicated.

Hello all,

If you are still experiencing some issues launching Engine DJ 2.0 on Windows, we will need to take a closer look at your situation and would like for you to send your LOG information.

Windows: Users/[USERNAME]/AppData/Local/AIR Music Technology/EnginePrime/Logs

Please contact our Engine DJ Technical Support team for further assistance with this matter. A member of the team will help you identify the needed files and provide a link for upload.

Support | Engine DJ

3 Likes

BlockquoteFor me Engine does not work without this update. I believe that the issue is more complicated.

Probably right. One thing for sure is that windows updates is one of many factors that could potential break rather than fix things

Blockquote Hello all, If you are still experiencing some issues launching Engine DJ 2.0 on Windows, we will need to take a closer look at your situation and would like for you to send your LOG information.

Will do My folder seems to have about 10 log files that are all dated from the day I was having problems so I’ll send them through.

Uploaded the logs. Waiting for solution.

Also uploaded logs