Engine DJ 2.0 | Windows Installation - Unspecified error 0fffffffx7

Hey

tried installing the new Engine DJ today, had the same install issues i had when i first got the Prime 4 which was ‘Unspecified error 0fffffffx7’ then a roll back. I had updated my graphics because the issue seemed to be a DirectX thing but that didnt work. During one of the install times i randomly tried to run the software during the install (from the momentary desktop shortcut) and to my surprise, it fired up. The install failed and the install folder emptied again but the app was running which lead me to thinking

‘i wonder if i copied the install files before they disappear’

So, i did this-

1. Create a temporary folder on Desktop
  2. run the install
  3. navigate to C:\Program Files\Engine DJ
  4. select all copy
  5. paste into temp folder (BEFORE THE INSTALL FAILS other wise the files cant be copied)
  6. wait until the install fails, close the install
  7. Copy the files from the temp folder back to C:\Program Files\Engine DJ
  8. create a shortcut to Engine DJ.exe
  9. run the application

why it doesnt install i dont know but this procedure works. I can make a wrapper installer to do this but im not sure if Denon would let me load it up here

Thanks

Hi @NachoShaw - That is strange, but I’m happy to hear you figured out a workaround. What is your OS and version?

Hi

Full Spec-

• Prime 4 - OS 2.0
  • upgraded from 1.6.2
  • was running Engine Prime 1.6.1

PC

• Windows 10 64bit
  • CPU = i7 10440 3.8 GHz
  • RAM = 64gb 3200 Mhz
  • GPU = nVidia 2070 Super 8gb (drivers updated today)

Thanks

Nice PC specs! :muscle:

Do you have all the latest Win10 updates installed?

Have you seen this error with other installers?

HI

Thanks! CAD programmer, need the muscle :rofl: :rofl:

Yes im completely up to date (not to the level of Windows 11…)

I have seen a few posts with the same error. I had it before but a graphics update fixed it as the error seemed to be related to DirectX.

I wrote an installer wrapper earlier that will try and install the Denon installer then copy the files into the Program Files location and add a shortcut if it failed to intall so that it working like mine. Its a bit strange that the installation fails and rolls back but with the folder contents added after the fail, it works just fine without any issues… Maybe you have an error in your installer?

Thanks