Dose sc5000's compress parts of music when played through them

Hi I have a weird problem, i have just started getting into producing so have mad my own track which sounds as it should as an audio file and when played through engine prime however once its been exported to a usb stick and plugged into my sc5000s there is a specific part at which this specific sound is sounding compressed compared to the rest of the track, this isn’t present in engine prime. I have tired bypassing my mixer to my soundcard so know that the issue seems to come from the 5000’s. I have tried ‘mastering’ the track countless times to no avail. i have tried 2 different file types so i’m a bit lost tbh! i’m using the same soundcard and speaker setup for both my computer and decks so i’m assuming its something to do with them. anyone had anything similar or any insite much appreciated!

Hello @con.x Welcome to the forum.

What software do You have on SC5000?

There was a issue with high tones, that got improved in an update. Maybe that could help?

Hi, i’m running 1.5.2 atm so is as up to date as i can see online.

Yes, than it’s strange, that You still get some compression issues…

Hi, have you tried swapping cables? Switching from analog to digital connections?

yes, engine os, the player’s “firmware”, does have audio quality issues. there is a lowpass which kicks in too early and there’s some distortion in the high frequency range as well. further, a certain part of the high mids are overly aggressive and slightly scratchy.

does that fall into the frequency ranges i described above?