I want to use Spotify with MC4000 (bedroom dj). I recently paid for the basic Djay app (only a fiver ) . Do i need to upgrade to DJ Pro 2 to use Spotify with the 4000 ? It was a subscription app a few weeks ago but now seems to be £48.99. Just trying to find out the facts before i buy it
The 4000 works with Djay Pro 2 on a Mac and Djay Pro for Windows. It does not work with IPhones or IPads. Hope this is helpful. Also you will need a paid subscription to Spotify, not the free version. Cheers.
Hey! Yes you can use your MC4000 with an ipad via Djay Pro by algoriddim. There is no plug & play support but after several days of nerve wracking research and trial and error I found a reliable workaround. I also posted this solution in another MC 4000 thread yesterday.
What you need:
- desired dj controller (see non-plug&play but compatible list on algoriddim homepage)
- an ipad (mine is 5th gen and worked) with Djay pro app
- a mac or pc with iTunes
- the correct adapter for connecting your dj controller with your ipad (lightning to usb + lightning power connector combined in one dongle…45€ -_- )
Do the following:
- Download the free trial version of Djay pro from the algoriddim homepage for mac or windows and run it
- connect your controller to mac / pc
- open settings and select your device
- there is an option to dublicate the standard mapping (drop down menu) - do that, it’s necessary to extract the mapping
- rename the new mapping from “Denon MC4000 edit” to “Denon MC4000” (again drop down menu)
- go to the folder where the file is saved (you can use file search with keywords like “midimapping" or "MC4000”)
- save that file somewhere you can access it easily
- open iTunes and connect your iPad
- go to your list of applications and select Djay Pro
- you can drag and drop the file there (to the right side) or use the add file button beneath (yes, it’s that simple)
- disconnect iPad and shutdown your pc or mac
- reconnect your desired setup (mc4000 + ipad) with correct adapter (lightning to usb + lightning power connector combined in one dongle)
- fire things up and start spinning
Share this information anywhere it might be needed so people like me don’t get lost for ages again and again. If you run into issues please post, comment, reply. I will check and help if possible.
Best of luck,