Disconnect issues with 2016 Macbook Pro, Serato DJ and firmware 1.6

Hello, I am running the x1800 with two sc5000’s connected to it via usb hub and 2016 Macbook Pro with serato 2.5. It seems that since I updated the mixer to 1.6 i have had random disconnections between the mixer and my laptop. The sound will totally cutoff and i have to power the mixer off and on in order to re-establish my connection with serato. This only started happening since the 1.6 update. Any one else had any similar results? I never had any issues with the 1.5 firmware.

Tried using the other usb port on the mixer? Then on the laptop?

Tried unpluging the players and leaving just the mixer plugged directly into the laptop?

Did you follow the Serato optimization guide for osx?

Tried using the other usb port on the mixer? no, only have been using usb 1, i will try USB 2

Then on the laptop? yes, tried all 4 USB C connections on the laptop

Tried unpluging the players and leaving just the mixer plugged directly into the laptop? no

Did you follow the Serato optimization guide for osx? yes

Thanks for the suggestions @SlayForMoney

Ok, see if there is anything different using the usb 2 on the mixer and if you only use mixer and then let’s see what cable are you using because usb c connectors are shaite to be honest.

I will try that. But I never had the issue before i updated to v 1.6. Is there a way to go back to v1.5 without reseting the mixer to deafult?

The mixer resets itself with every update. I dislike that so much :open_mouth:

@Lukas-We It doesn’t do it with every update. There is just something strange going on with my mixer and this latest 1.6 firmware update that i have done. I can’t reproduce it, because it happens randomly. As a test, i did a livestream with my Pioneer DDJ 1000srt controller last night and did not have any issues with disconnects from my laptop even playing videos.

Latest update: I have tried using the usb2 side of the mixer and the audio disconnected with Serato after only about 5 mins of playing. I tried using usb2 twice and each time was disconnected. I then went back to using usb1 and was not disconnected so since it is random I still don’t know when and if it will happen again. I did reach out to serato but they are waiting to see if i had any news back from Denon. I opened a support ticket with Denon but haven’t heard anything back as of yet.

Hey @djock12 - Sorry to hear you’re still having issues with. I’d be happy to fast track this a bit. Can you DM me your email, name, and phone number so that I can connect you with a technical support agent?

thanks will do.

Suggestions

try flashing the 1.6 firmware again to the mixer? To make sure it’s updated correctly.

try the mixer with other software eg VDJ or Traktor?

I have the 1800 here with a 2017 MBP and it doesn’t disconnect from Serato.

@mufasa I will try re-flashing the firmware. I don’t use VDJ or Traktor. Thanks for the tips.

1 Like

I wasn’t able to reflash. When i run the updater it says that no update is needed and doesn’t proceed any further. Frustrating.

As an update I was finally able to reflash my x1800 back to v1.5 and since doing that I didn’t encounter any of the issues that I was having with v1.6. I have been able to complete 3 livestreams each consisting of at least 2 hours and they were all error free.

1 Like