Devs should make it possible to extract log files for system errors

The last 3 times I’ve brought my players to some giggs one of the players randomly shuts down during the set and restarts. With this type of behavior and without any log files there is no way in hell for me to describe why it happens. And I can’t remember if it’s the same player either.

Anyone else been experiencing this?

OS version 1.6.1

Are the decks in separate cases rather than permanently the same way around in a coffin/system case? If so, you should label the decks or the cases.

The bug report form does do a good job of asking for the pertinent information of what the fault was and what steps were performed leading to the issue.

But yes, a log file would be good… well, as long as the log file creation/saving as a background process didn’t have the potential of being part of the thing that causes the issue.

Well now it’s in their specific and permanent spot in my case. But I have just my coffin once. Those before I can’t recall.

The log file should be available on the usb as a txt file. Would make the job much easier for devs too

This can be a corrupted MP3 file - had this happen once to me as well. After getting rid of that faulty file, all went good, no more restarts. The specific file when selected and loaded caused the player to restart.

2 Likes

If thats the case we should report it as a bug. The system should not crash, but rather catch the error and cast an error message

1 Like

But what if the deck writing to a file every 5 seconds (the log file) is part of what’s causing the issue?

Is there a log file doing this?

Anyways writing to log file is a very common thing in software engineering for easier debugging if something goes wrong.

1 Like

This was already talked about on the forum multiple times. I have no idea how the developers approach this issue, but yeah, there should be an error message not a system crash.

1 Like

I haven’t seen it. But as a developer myself in DNB (the biggest bank in Norway and it’s also international), it’s fairly easy to solve. But it’s important for them to know exactly how to reproduce it if the code doesn’t already have an error handling method when loading/reading/analyzing a song. The error message isn’t necessarily supposed to be shown for the user (in this case it’s probably a good idea tho), but handling an error exception will deny the code/software from breaking and instead just do nothing about it/or log it (as wanted).

1 Like